Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Say hello to Herbert!

Herbert

Herbert

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
76A66ADE-6C11-4F1A-A0A4-61B0531A5381.jpeg

We're delighted to have bought Herbert, Ocean 4WD indium grey as you see.
A swift move following a fab 10 day Scottish holiday in RIta earlier this month.... thanks so much to Jeremy and Linda at californiascotland.com for that!

Hello Herbert and :welcome

View attachment 68523

We're delighted to have bought Herbert, Ocean 4WD indium grey as you see.
A swift move following a fab 10 day Scottish holiday in RIta earlier this month.... thanks so much to Jeremy and Linda at californiascotland.com for that!
Hello Herbert.
We just bought an identical van (Herman), also after 10 wonderful days in Scotland in September in Murdock the rental van. Parallel lives! Where did you get to in Scotland?

Hello Herbert.
We just bought an identical van (Herman), also after 10 wonderful days in Scotland in September in Murdock the rental van. Parallel lives! Where did you get to in Scotland?
Amazing!
We picked Rita up near Edinburgh, one night there, then 1 night 'wild' in Trossachs, then Skye 2 nights at Dunvegan, onto Gairloch 2 nights, then south of Inverness 1 night 'wild' and to Braemar 2 nights. Sites selected by dint of what was available out of main season + Covid! and tying in with seeing Edinburgh based daughters.
Have long wanted to see more of Scotland - loved every inch of it and so much left to visit. Surviving 10 days with the 2 of us still talking to each other was a clear indication that a purchase should follow!
What about you?!

Herbert has some very nice boots:thumb
:thumb The 18inch Palmerstones look good with the grey, don't they! Probably wouldn't have specified them but this van was suddenly available from dealer - and we're delighted with him, boots and all!

:welcome Hi Herbert great to hear about Herbert and Scotland I am hoping to do a tore to Scotland with my First Cali (Lizzie) and thinking of Ireland Hopping, before that though some Skiing in the Lake District and Scotland:)

Amazing!
We picked Rita up near Edinburgh, one night there, then 1 night 'wild' in Trossachs, then Skye 2 nights at Dunvegan, onto Gairloch 2 nights, then south of Inverness 1 night 'wild' and to Braemar 2 nights. Sites selected by dint of what was available out of main season + Covid! and tying in with seeing Edinburgh based daughters.
Have long wanted to see more of Scotland - loved every inch of it and so much left to visit. Surviving 10 days with the 2 of us still talking to each other was a clear indication that a purchase should follow!
What about you?!
That sounds like a brilliant trip.
Yes being confined to such a small space was my biggest worry but it turned out to be great. We rented a very characterful 20year old T4 conversion locally (Tyneside) which had very few mod cons so seemed to be a good way to test our resolve. Coincided with west Scottish lockdown perfectly so we had a night each on the driveways of my sister in Glasgow and then in-laws in Ardfern near Oban. Then a few nights at a great campsite in Duror as a base for some amazing cycling on route 78. One sneaky hotel night in Aberfeldy and then back in the van on a site in Aberlour on Speyside. No wild camping sadly (unless you count driveways) but with no battery in the rental van we didn’t feel quite ready. No rain, no midges - Scotland at its best!

:welcome Hi Herbert great to hear about Herbert and Scotland I am hoping to do a tore to Scotland with my First Cali (Lizzie) and thinking of Ireland Hopping, before that though some Skiing in the Lake District and Scotland:)
Sounds great - but now some extra planning and dreaming time in lockdown! Can’t wait to get back up to Scotland again.

Pleased you all love Scotland so much - even in the changeable weather! We love it too and live quite near to the Trossachs.

Hope you love your new Cali.