Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

raising the multiplex board

S

swisspace

VIP Member
I have just measure the height of my Engel fridge and the multiplex board and it is 1cm too low. My german is not excellent so I requested the manual for the Beach in English (Switzerland) which has not yet arrived so I am not sure how to remove the board to see if there is an easy way to raise it. Maybe I can put some spacers under the board, A slight slope with the bed might be ok I am hoping.

Has anyone else faced this issue, the Engel is a brilliant bit of kit so I would like to keep it and preferably in the back.

Thanks in advance
IanW

Are you talking about the 2 or 3 seater bench version of the multiflex board.
I have the 2 seater version and for that the board is bolted to a steel framework. It would be relatively easy to unbolt the board and put some spacers between the frame and board. I would try and make some full length spacers so the board is supported over the whole length, then re-bolt with longer bolts.
However... I'm not sure this would get the result you need. The steel frame is an H shape (when viewed from above) and raising the board will still leave you a transverse bar with the same clearance underneath it. :headbang
Ideally you would raise the legs where they fit into the floor track. The T fittings that lock into the track are to short to allow this though.

Incidentally I wouldn't hold out much hope that the VW brochure will give you much useful info.

Thanks for your post, its the three seater beach, I guess I need to see how much space there is once the two extra seats are removed, maybe the best place for the fridge is behind the front seat near the hookup power socket, also the multiflex board should slide forwards and back ok so maybe the Engel fridge doesn't need to fit under it after all. We are not planning sleeping in it too often but would like to keep the option for emergencies.

Back