Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Query over Adaptive Cruise with Emergency Breaking and Front Assist

Yes its definitely a no cost option on the consumer configuration but not on the dealer configuration. VW has spoken !

I don't know what discount you got - maybe you added up your configuration list total and he came back with a price for that total as VW assures me that it's not a free addition ..at least not anymore. I'd love it to be of course , then I'd have the 130 version .

It would be interesting if another dealer would quote now on one and we could test this subject .

May be that it's changed now but I guarantee you on ours it's free, the factory generated invoice which itemises options at list price clearly says F.O.C. This excludes discounts as they are deducted separately as one line at the end of the invoice.

If you do go for a second quote I'd suggest speaking to Guy at Preston as he first told us about the MSFW being free and so he'd know if it's changed. You'd also get a very competitive quote.

Yep was free on mine with 130mph ACC as well and there are no smoke and mirrors in my invoice. It was however ordered MY16 which was honoured. Perhaps things have changed.

Mike

I just checked the latest printed price list and the 130mph option isn't even listed for some reason

May be that it's changed now but I guarantee you on ours it's free, the factory generated invoice which itemises options at list price clearly says F.O.C. This excludes discounts as they are deducted separately as one line at the end of the invoice.

If you do go for a second quote I'd suggest speaking to Guy at Preston as he first told us about the MSFW being free and so he'd know if it's changed. You'd also get a very competitive quote.
Ok I'll do that , thanks...

Similar for me, we paid for the mfsw, was always free but configurator said otherwise, when the dealer was not charged we got money back. He thought at the time it was included. Other June delivered MY17 NOV

I've spoken with Guy ( BTW very helpful and very knowledgable with no fuss ) and with the 130 version which is a bit more costly than the 99 version the MFSW ( without the gear shift paddles ) is indeed a no cost required addition . If you want the paddles on the wheel too you are going to have to pay £360. Guy said that people who want the paddles take the ACC 99 version which is about £ 200 ? Less than the 130 version but then pay £360 for the wheel with paddles . Later today VW also called me back to confirm to me that indeed the not in the price list ACC 130 version comes with at no cost the mfsw without paddles .

The emergency brake assist on our T6 operated three times in about 5000 miles, twice in the fast lane of french motorways with concrete central crash barriers while overtaking lorries, once while approaching a cattle grid in the uk. We have turned it off.

The emergency brake assist on our T6 operated three times in about 5000 miles, twice in the fast lane of french motorways with concrete central crash barriers while overtaking lorries, once while approaching a cattle grid in the uk. We have turned it off.
Doesn't sound good! Did it brake to a complete stop or did it just brake momentarily?

That sounds like a real dangerous situation , which version do you have ? The 99 mph or the 130 mph ?

There are some documented ACC limitations listed in the manual. I wonder if any of these scenarios would explain what you experienced?

I should have used the term front assist, not emergency brake assist. We have turned front assist off. The manual (p 311) warns about unwanted braking interventions by the city emergency brake system when encountering metal tracks, we were driving slowly when approaching the cattle grid so this city emergency brake funtion probably operated. The other situations with unwanted braking were less dramatic and probably occurred where we failed to respond to warnings in the display and the system maybe initiated a jolt of the braking system to warn us (p 307 in the manual) and perhaps progressed to further braking as described in the manual, either way we found this disconcerting as our lane was clear. The manual, (p 305) refers to special driving situations when ACC should be switched off, in our case maybe there was a curve on the french motorway, we can't recall one, but since there have been no unwanted braking incidents since front assist was turned off we think front assist was involved in our unwanted braking incidents rather than the ACC system per se. The ACC system itself is otherwise excellent and well worth having, it makes cruise control more usable and as a result on long journeys you arrive in a more relaxed condition. Our verdict on the van after about 11000 miles is that it is superb.

As the 130 adaptive cruise control is not an option on the Dec 2016 price list, I have asked for the 99 version, but will have to pay extra for the sports steering wheel and side scan

Side scan option can not be separated from the option package if side scan and cruise control

So will have pay for the who package

As the 130 adaptive cruise control is not an option on the Dec 2016 price list, I have asked for the 99 version, but will have to pay extra for the sports steering wheel and side scan

Side scan option can not be separated from the option package if side scan and cruise control

So will have pay for the who package
You may still find the 130 version in the configurator if it's not on the price list , the multifunction steering wheel does come free this , it existed till last month anyway ..,overall as it's more costly than the 99 mph version you will save 0n the package of wheel and adaptive around 180£, but as it's not a sports steering wheel offered you will not have paddles on the MFSW to change gears ... so a trade off. Hope this helps you :)

Back