Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spec'd Up and Ready to Order (almost)...

Limo tint is an interesting option for a mobile home that will be looking out on marvellous views all the time.
Whilst very useful to prevent celebs being recognised whilst in transit why reduce the view out to that level?
Doesn't reduce the view out in daylight that much. Just the view in.

Thanks Greg, all opinions/views are helpful :thumb

Are you in the process of buying a Cali too?

We are going for a silver awning simply because it looks less harsh against the Candy White top; personally I'd prefer if they could colour match the awning to the car.

Regarding the wheels, are you referring to those that were on the special edition "Generation Six" Caravelle that was produced late 2015/early 2016, those that were a white alloy with an oversized chrome effect centre cap? Those wheels look fantastic, kind of retro but modern at the same time, I wasn't even aware you could get them for a Cali; they are not available in the online config tool nor in any dealer accessory catalogue; how do I get these?

Thanks.

Hi
I’m hopefully ordering mine in December this year ( still tied in to a co car lease until then).
I have seen both the silver and the black - I’ll post a picture of the candy white and red wit the black awning. With spec you’ve ordered the b pillar will be blacked out so the black doesn’t look as harsh IMHO.
Re the caravelle wheels my dealer ( John at Bury) said he could order them for me but as an addition ( so I would then have to sell the stock set the van came with).

Looking forward to seeing some pictures when you get yours ( very similar to the spec I would choose) also let me know what you think about 4 motion as very mixed views on the forum ( as you’d expect ) but again something I’d like .

8f7f66cd0733a750b67a3dca6f12b6c6.jpg

This photo still has white b pillar ( but think your spec should have black b pillar)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite a view from a "car park"!

I do like the two-tone Cali's, they all look very nice :thumb

From what I've seen, everyone seems to have a name for their Cali;need to get our thinking caps on so we can christen ours when it arrives, sorry I meant when he/she arrives :)

So how do you you find these "Aires" and car parks where pitching up is allowed? Are they documented or is it more a case of just coming across them while you are on a road trip?

Awesome, that pic is pretty much the one we will be ordering next week hopefully; looks fantastic :thumb

I agree on the 4MOTION, there seems to be very mixed opinion on the forums; I think I'm going to order with 4M but before I make my final decision I'm going to test drive a Cali with 4M on Tuesday next week.

I'm going to ask the dealer about those wheels when I go visit them on Tuesday; hopefully they can source them for me as they are by far my fave looking wheel on the T6, they seem to work especially well on the two-tone Cali's.

Cheers.

So how do you you find these "Aires" and car parks where pitching up is allowed? Are they documented or is it more a case of just coming across them while you are on a road trip?

There are a few different sites , personally I like

Park4night.com

@GrannyJen - I've just been reading about you and Albert/Alfie and your Cali adventures; how fantastic and inspiring; circumnavigating the UK with the Mrs and our youngest is something we plan on doing (in chunks) when we get our Cali and this is a great reference for how to go about it - awesome :)

@GrannyJen - I've just been reading about you and Albert/Alfie and your Cali adventures; how fantastic and inspiring; circumnavigating the UK with the Mrs and our youngest is something we plan on doing (in chunks) when we get our Cali and this is a great reference for how to go about it - awesome :)

Goodness, thank you

That site is way out of date and need updating...

but one thing will last forever..... once smitten with a camper, you will never look back. THE most flexible, beautiful, comfortable, loving, welcoming machines on the planet.

Whether it needs updating or not, your site is still great and testament to just how good a Cali is and what it inspires people to do; in spite of never owning one (hopefully I will change that soon) I've always viewed the Cali as the perfect GT car that you can sleep in and make yourself a sandwich and a cuppa when the mood takes you.

I've thought about owning a Cali on and off for perhaps the last 15 or so years but just never done it (too many kids at home was one of the reasons I've waited so long); now at last I've decided that now is the time and so all things being equal should be placing my order with VW on Tuesday when I go see the dealer and I must admit that I don't recall ever being as excited about anything I've owned before; I feel like a kid at Christmas, I literally cannot wait :)