Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I’ve found this picture from the California brochure which, grainy as it might be, shows a blanking plate.

My guess is that they ran short of blanking plates and decided it was not a critical part which should hold up deliveries..

Just did our monthly check-in with the dealer to see what progress on our Ocean order. Despite it going into build on the 18th May it appears its still in build and no further update.

Slightly disappointing as I see many on here had builds completed and ready to ship in the same time frame...:-(

Ah well, what's another month...
Same situation but personally not overly perturbed. The prouction process is still a bit of a mess across the industry so your Van, like ours, is either sat offline waiting a part, in the port or on a boat. Or anywhere in between. The status are not working as well as they should after 20 because of the way the factories are having to stop start with parts deliveries and shuffle vans about. Our friends in the industry, dealer and HQ side, are still saying vehicles are just appearing without the usual status notice, and I suspect that will be the way for a while. Our fingers are crossed for end June, fingers and toes for Mid July. As you say, comes when it comes and with the PP, slightly more relaxed about it all, apart from chasing the UK sun as early as possible.

Same situation but personally not overly perturbed. The prouction process is still a bit of a mess across the industry so your Van, like ours, is either sat offline waiting a part, in the port or on a boat. Or anywhere in between. The status are not working as well as they should after 20 because of the way the factories are having to stop start with parts deliveries and shuffle vans about. Our friends in the industry, dealer and HQ side, are still saying vehicles are just appearing without the usual status notice, and I suspect that will be the way for a while. Our fingers are crossed for end June, fingers and toes for Mid July. As you say, comes when it comes and with the PP, slightly more relaxed about it all, apart from chasing the UK sun as early as possible.
We are still waiting for a '20' slot, but to be honest, given all of the reports of 'issues' and missing parts on recently delivered vans, I think we are happier waiting a bit longer in the hope that the 'rush to catch up production' ends and goes back to 'normal' with better factory QC checks ... reading that back sounds a bit selfish but ... at least we can still camp in the awning this summer..

Phil
We used the check list here and added our extras to that list. The dealer was very thorough, extra rear number plate, mats, sidebars etc. Its quite easy on collection to get carried away with admiring the vehicle, there’s so much to take onboard, rather than going through a rigorous check list but I do recommend sticking to the script and checking everything off. I do think that blanking plates under the front seats are missing from our Coast. So have emailed the dealer to ask. I can’t find a photo of the lower section of a front seat from a Coast online but you can see the wires underneath the seats. These plates would be factory fit items but down to the dealer to resolve I imagine. I hadn’t noticed with the seats facing forwards but it’s obvious when you turn them around.
Phil

View attachment 94021

View attachment 94022

View attachment 94023
None on our MY21 Coast delivered last July if that helps

Just did our monthly check-in with the dealer to see what progress on our Ocean order. Despite it going into build on the 18th May it appears its still in build and no further update.

Slightly disappointing as I see many on here had builds completed and ready to ship in the same time frame...:-(

Yeah mine is similar - showing status 20 for week 20 still as of last Wednesday.

I'd been fairly relaxed about it all up to this point, "it comes when it comes", thinking I'll be able to arrange stuff around it, but I'm now into making difficult and potentially expensive decisions territory based on best guess as to what might happen and when because I have no other information.

Have to be honest and say I am getting very peed off that VW don't seem to be able to update a computer system correctly or send anything other than generic email and letter updates. It's also painful seeing people who ordered months and months after mine getting vans delivered. Even the blanket saga has left a bitter taste.

Yeah mine is similar - showing status 20 for week 20 still as of last Wednesday.

I'd been fairly relaxed about it all up to this point, "it comes when it comes", thinking I'll be able to arrange stuff around it, but I'm now into making difficult and potentially expensive decisions territory based on best guess as to what might happen and when because I have no other information.

Have to be honest and say I am getting very peed off that VW don't seem to be able to update a computer system correctly or send anything other than generic email and letter updates. It's also painful seeing people who ordered months and months after mine getting vans delivered. Even the blanket saga has left a bitter taste.

Ours has been status 20 since mid March (coast with minimal options, nothing complicated!) agree it’s very frustrating to hear reports from dealer that vans ordered well after ours are now being delivered. Hope we all hear good news soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ours has been status 20 since mid March (coast with minimal options, nothing complicated!) agree it’s very frustrating to hear reports from dealer that vans ordered well after ours are now being delivered. Hope we all hear good news soon

Mine was also status 20 for March. I wonder if they parked up next to each other in a dark corner of the factory..... :D

Last edited:
Had an update yesterday for mine too, status 20 at week 20 and still the same. The dealer was expecting it to have changed code.
I’m guessing like most, it’s either moved along without a status update or there’s a delay during the build…

Had an update yesterday for mine too, status 20 at week 20 and still the same. The dealer was expecting it to have changed code.
I’m guessing like most, it’s either moved along without a status update or there’s a delay during the build…
My week 19 build week, completed build only last week waiting for a boat. So if you are week 20 stands that you could be about now?

Mine sat in status 20 all the way to the dealer confirming it was waiting for a boat last Wednesday.

Our Ocean 150 (lots of extras) was build week 19 & the vehicle was built one week earlier than we expected, confirmed in UK port on the 29th May. Just waiting to organise collection next week . 12 months from order places to collection.

My week 19 build week, completed build only last week waiting for a boat. So if you are week 20 stands that you could be about now?

Mine sat in status 20 all the way to the dealer confirming it was waiting for a boat last Wednesday.
Your almost a month behind, considering we had the same build weeks it’s must be parts delays, something on the spec that wasn’t available.

Our Ocean 150 (lots of extras) was build week 19 & the vehicle was built one week earlier than we expected, confirmed in UK port on the 29th May. Just waiting to organise collection next week . 12 months from order places to collection.
Do you know if your status changed at all during build?

Do you know if your status changed at all during build?
Yes it did, it changed correctly with regards to the build process. I got an update when it was finally built, at the German port, on the boat and finally at UK port. VW’a computer system worked reliably for me, only thing is it was built one week quicker than expected so maybe it went init build week 18 instead of 19, or it was just built very quickly.

In our case, it took:
  • 27 days to go from "Handover to factory" to "Build starting"
  • 10 days to go from "Build starting" to "Vehicle at port of shipment"

Yes it did, it changed correctly with regards to the build process. I got an update when it was finally built, at the German port, on the boat and finally at UK port. VW’a computer system worked reliably for me, only thing is it was built one week quicker than expected so maybe it went init build week 18 instead of 19, or it was just built very quickly.
That's the annoying thing - the system is working for some but not others. I'm no expert on vehicle manufacture, but IT is my area and I find it almost impossible to believe they genuinely don't know what's going on with these "limbo" vans.

I can only assume the factory is littered with half finished Cali's, post it notes stuck on the windscreen saying what bits they are missing. :D

That's the annoying thing - the system is working for some but not others. I'm no expert on vehicle manufacture, but IT is my area and I find it almost impossible to believe they genuinely don't know what's going on with these "limbo" vans.

I can only assume the factory is littered with half finished Cali's, post it notes stuck on the windscreen saying what bits they are missing. :D
Let’s hope not. I made a big mistake two years ago and purchased a 1 year old converted T6 before I learnt my lesson. I think the converter assembled it in the dark, shocking. I just pray the quality control at VW is doing it’s job as iv read a couple bits about vans arriving with odd things being missed on QC. If vehicles are left around for weeks awaiting parts it’s a worry isn’t it

Let’s hope not. I made a big mistake two years ago and purchased a 1 year old converted T6 before I learnt my lesson. I think the converter assembled it in the dark, shocking. I just pray the quality control at VW is doing it’s job as iv read a couple bits about vans arriving with odd things being missed on QC. If vehicles are left around for weeks awaiting parts it’s a worry isn’t it
Certainly is, but tbh I'd take a van with a few niggles to resolve it means I save the potential £700+ existing car lease & cancelled holidays cost of my van not arriving this month.

In our case, it took:
  • 27 days to go from "Handover to factory" to "Build starting"
  • 10 days to go from "Build starting" to "Vehicle at port of shipment"
I’m not getting that level of detail from the dealer, just said it went (or should have) into build on the 18th May and is still “in build”.

So I don’t know if it actually started build on the 18th and there is a hold up or if it didn’t start build until some later time.

It’ll arrive when it’s ready I guess…!

Same here, our June ‘21 order Ocean was to commence build 23rd May but hasn’t actually commenced. He is still hopeful for early July…..let’s see

Ocean ordered May 21 supposed to be built week commencing 18 May (as most folks) and my dealer said potentially 10 week delay for side assist! Been patient up to now but getting frustrated

Just checked with our dealer today. Last week we still had status 20 which was originally build week 20. Today it’s on status 30 which is transport to port I think. Dealer said 4-5 weeks that Cali will be with us if everything going well. Fingers crossed.

There doesn’t seem to be any consistency anywhere

I had a status code 40 (at UK port) over 2 weeks ago on a June ‘21 ocean order and my dealer (listers) said it would be about another 4 week from there until it was with me. This seemed a long time looking at other posts on here

I’ve heard nothing from them since. I’ve got AutoEBid chasing them too and the they’ve gone completely quiet on us. Not responding to emails or calls

There doesn’t seem to be any consistency anywhere

I had a status code 40 (at UK port) over 2 weeks ago on a June ‘21 ocean order and my dealer (listers) said it would be about another 4 week from there until it was with me. This seemed a long time looking at other posts on here

I’ve heard nothing from them since. I’ve got AutoEBid chasing them too and the they’ve gone completely quiet on us. Not responding to emails or calls

I bet once they get past the build up over the bank holiday etc yours will arrive, this week I expect.

Just checked with our dealer today. Last week we still had status 20 which was originally build week 20. Today it’s on status 30 which is transport to port I think. Dealer said 4-5 weeks that Cali will be with us if everything going well. Fingers crossed.
30 = In transit from factory
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to Southern Motor Group
70 = Vehicle arrived at Southern Motor Group

That gives me hope as I'm probably metaphorically (and hopefully literally) in the same boat as you :D

Back