Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

An exciting day - collected our Coast from Tom at Northampton, who has been great throughout.

Love the drive, no rattles, very comfy and the two dog crates fit perfectly on the back shelf.

View attachment 93795

View attachment 93796
Nice - we have the same colour combo in fully loaded Ocean form with the Palmerston alloys - been in build a few weeks now - hopefully popping out the end of the factory this week some time.... roll on July-ish!

June 4th 2021 Ascot Grey Ocean 150 with Towbar, Now waiting at Port for shipment to Port of Tyne. Guess it will be about 13 months by the time we get it. Just in time for £2 litre diesel :(

Eeeeek! That looks AMAZING!!!!

We pick ours up in the same colour combo from Ian at Liverpool TOMORROW

(Can you tell I’m excited?! )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope it all went well with your collection and you are as pleased as we are. I’m having a job describing how we feel. It’s just the most amazing vehicle.

Hope it all went well with your collection and you are as pleased as we are. I’m having a job describing how we feel. It’s just the most amazing vehicle.
We’ve been lucky enough to have our Ocean for 3 months now. After 4 camping adventures over 4.5 weeks so far, all I can say is the feeling doesn’t wear off! Always prepping for our next outing :)

We’ve been lucky enough to have our Ocean for 3 months now. After 4 camping adventures over 4.5 weeks so far, all I can say is the feeling doesn’t wear off! Always prepping for our next outing :)
Same. Plus, the van is our only vehicle and is only used at weekends/trips - but I keep finding excuses to drive to work, or just to go and look at it!

Coast ordered 1st October from Listers via Autoebid is being delivered to our door next week. Looking at comments on this forum we will need to check the delivery driver has the remote for the heating. I’m
also getting a 5 year warranty and a number plate for our tow bar bike rack. As I’ll be at work when it gets dropped off is there anything else my family need to check? Separately we’re getting insurance with AIB - another useful tip from this forum. Thanks for all the info and advice everyone has posted on this site.

Coast ordered 1st October from Listers via Autoebid is being delivered to our door next week. Looking at comments on this forum we will need to check the delivery driver has the remote for the heating. I’m
also getting a 5 year warranty and a number plate for our tow bar bike rack. As I’ll be at work when it gets dropped off is there anything else my family need to check? Separately we’re getting insurance with AIB - another useful tip from this forum. Thanks for all the info and advice everyone has posted on this site.

Phil
We used the check list here and added our extras to that list. The dealer was very thorough, extra rear number plate, mats, sidebars etc. Its quite easy on collection to get carried away with admiring the vehicle, there’s so much to take onboard, rather than going through a rigorous check list but I do recommend sticking to the script and checking everything off. I do think that blanking plates under the front seats are missing from our Coast. So have emailed the dealer to ask. I can’t find a photo of the lower section of a front seat from a Coast online but you can see the wires underneath the seats. These plates would be factory fit items but down to the dealer to resolve I imagine. I hadn’t noticed with the seats facing forwards but it’s obvious when you turn them around.
Phil

0D47DB86-9658-4B9C-8F27-E65589A3F551.jpeg

4F68CE61-4C7B-452F-BC24-0C57F66F07A0.jpeg

890AEDC1-FA7C-4A1A-9CE9-48E329A9910A.jpeg

Last edited:

Worth checking you've the keys for the locking water filler cap. Ours were seperate and "hidden" in a door pocket . Had a panic call to dealer on our first trip ! Enjoy.

Phil
We used the check list here and added our extras to that list. The dealer was very thorough, extra rear number plate, mats, sidebars etc. Its quite easy on collection to get carried away with admiring the vehicle, there’s so much to take onboard, rather than going through a rigorous check list but I do recommend sticking to the script and checking everything off. I do think that blanking plates under the front seats are missing from our Coast. So have emailed the dealer to ask. I can’t find a photo of the lower section of a front seat from a Coast online but you can see the wires underneath the seats. These plates would be factory fit items but down to the dealer to resolve I imagine. I hadn’t noticed with the seats facing forwards but it’s obvious when you turn them around.
Phil

View attachment 94021

View attachment 94022

View attachment 94023
nope, there are none on ours (coast 1 month old, Belgium)

Evening all,

Please can someone measure one of the horizontal bars on the front of a T6.1 from the edge of the VW badge to the start of the headlights for me?

View attachment 93981

Afternoon all, loving seeing everyone’s new vans.

Please can someone who has collected their van measure one of the horizontal grill bars for me?

Worth checking you've the keys for the locking water filler cap. Ours were seperate and "hidden" in a door pocket . Had a panic call to dealer on our first trip ! Enjoy.

Thanks I’d heard on this forum of missing remotes for the heating + had added the tow bar key to my check list but forgot about the key for the water cap. Thanks for this. I guess as we’re having it delivered while I’m at work I’ll make a short list of items for my family to check on delivery + I’ll then spend a bit more time going through the full checklist when I’m home.

Hi Folks,
we ordered our Coast 01st September 2021 and collected from our dealer last week.
Really pleased with the service received from David Marney of Eurovans Crawley and am looking forward to getting some trips sorted out this Summer.

Hi Folks,
we ordered our Coast 01st September 2021 and collected from our dealer last week.
Really pleased with the service received from David Marney of Eurovans Crawley and am looking forward to getting some trips sorted out this Summer.
Cheers for the info. Ordered from them in October. Sent an email asking for an update as heard nothing since January but not had a reply to my email in just over a week. Not good enough really when spending this much. Not that I’m expecting any update but ignoring emails is a bit poor.
Pleased for you though. Pictures please!!

Hi Folks,
Congratulations - I hope that you enjoy your shiny new toy! Please post pics of you can so the forum members can Ooh and Aah !

.. and my Beach Camper is Status 38 waiting at Emden! I’m now googling ship tracking websites to find the next departure for Sheerness :)
when i got the emden message it was like omg this is actually real :) you will have within a couple of weeks im sure enjoy every second

Sorry for the delay! It’s been a whirlwind few days

Yes, picked up the van on Wednesday and he’s a stunner! Absolutely in love Over the moon with the colour, it’s subtle and classy!

Slight problem with our tap - no water! So we’re talking with the dealer. Tried every hack on the forums but nothing seems to work We’ll get it sorted eventually so no great shakes!

Had out first weekend away and had a fab time!

Hope to bump into you all some day

I've had a quick look, without swivelling the seat and I think mine looks like yours, so no plate. Mar 22 van.

Checked mine tonight, no blanking plates under front seats either. Built 4 weeks ago.

Could you take a photo please?

The dealer replied saying there shouldn't be blanking plates under the seats. Two reasons, user access and ventilation !
I’ve found this picture from the California brochure which, grainy as it might be, shows a blanking plate.
Could we ask Tory MP’s to vote on whether there should be one or not

7808D47C-1310-4FD6-9386-75D5EA3EAEFC.png

Just did our monthly check-in with the dealer to see what progress on our Ocean order. Despite it going into build on the 18th May it appears its still in build and no further update.

Slightly disappointing as I see many on here had builds completed and ready to ship in the same time frame...:-(

Ah well, what's another month...

Back