Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Forum Launch - We need your feedback please ...

But now the logo we've got stuck on our vans is no longer related to the forum logo?

Quite a few people have been asking for us to bring back the logo, our existing logo did not work with the new design so we are just playing with a few idea's.

What are your thoughts? ( see top header )

Quite a few people have been asking for us to bring back the logo, our existing logo did not work with the new design so we are just playing with a few idea's.

Don't see how why the old logo wouldn't fit?;)

vwcc.jpg

I'm not sure about the red thread titles, why change that from the calming
blue ?

I prefer the blue titles also ...

Re Recent Posts, as @Jabberwocky says, clicking on that (below) just takes you back to New Posts.

A01B5BE0-179A-4F22-9D90-03AC35FFF586.jpeg

Looks good, but no T5, and still can’t see any flags.

I'm not sure about the red thread titles, why change that from the calming
blue ?
I agree the red thread titles are less user-friendly. Colour is subjective, but design-wise, red 'jumps' off a page so tends to be avoided for standard text as it is considered harder to read. Hence red is often reserved for emphasis, such as sale prices, user action buttons etc. In this new colour scheme, I think the dark grey used in the list of forum titles is easier on the eye, but others might think it's too dull.

Thank you for reinstating the useful 'Recent Posts' menu item. A minor typo; to be consistent it should have a lower case 'P' (Recent posts).

For those of you that don't like the Red links , if you scroll to the bottom of the page in the grey block at the bottom if you click on "Cali Theme 2019". Then select the "blue links" option. You will then be able to view the site with blue links instead.

I prefer the blue titles also ...

Re Recent Posts, as @Jabberwocky says, clicking on that (below) just takes you back to New Posts.

View attachment 43167

It's just a flaw in how the system works, clicking the recent posts does actually display the recent posts, but it just doesnt highlight it with a yellow line ( because essentially recent posts is a modification to new posts ) .

But if you compare both post lists , they are different ( although if you havent logged in all day, they would be the same anyway )

For those of you that don't like the Red links , if you scroll to the bottom of the page in the grey block at the bottom if you click on "Cali Theme 2019". Then select the "blue links" option. You will then be able to view the site with blue links instead.
Great I like that

What do you all think of the new look
Great, but Weekly Digest is not running, at least at the usual time. My favourite email of the week, 0800hrs Saturday morning!

Nothing to do with the design, but I'd love to have an automatic "Mark forums read" option when I leave the site.

And too much space used / wasted for very short posts.

Unfortunatly that's the downside to having location, vehicle and message counts in the left of the posts. It extends the height of the post which is obvious when short posts are made.

Unfortunatly that's the downside to having location, vehicle and message counts in the left of the posts. It extends the height of the post which is obvious when short posts are made.
As there is a deafening silence regarding having the T5/T5.1 represented in the Forum Heading or re-insituting the Country flag I presume this is a Software Limitation, such as Only 3 vehicles to be shown.
If this is the case could I suggest as the California Grand isn't even on the Road yet that it be replaced by the T5/5.1?;);):sorry

Does the background for the banner have to be so bland? Blue sky and green grass would look better

having 3 vehicles was our choice not a limitation as we thought it looked better we just went for 1 of each shape remember the original banner only had a t5 logo so we think its an improvement
:IamsorryAs the T5/T5.1 was on sale for 10 yrs or so, as was the T4, I think it is a little disingenuous to have the T6 or California Grande as a replacement and airbrush the T5/T5.1 out of existence. It gives the distinct impression that they are not wanted.
After all there is a dedicated Section for VW California T6 Discussion, VW Grand California Discussion and a dedicated Section to the T4.
Nowhere is there a section dedicated to the T5, it's just lumped in with the T6 occasionally.
Looking at the Forum list the T5 is definitely an afterthought despite being one of the most common models on the Forum.
Maybe I'll just have to restrict any answers or advice to owners who have T5's in future, and let the others look after themselves.

I didn’t realise it would upset you so much I’m beginning to wish he hadn’t bothered I have a T5 so not the case there not welcome it was just what the web designer designed and we liked it. I’m beginning to think whatever we do won’t be right

Back