Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Forum Launch - We need your feedback please ...

My background is white now .....
before it was a strong beige (either that or Iv had one too many Estrellas ????

Great that the menu bar stays on screen as if in fixed pane mode. Previously it was a pain having to scroll back through to the top of a sometimes long post to get back to the new posts button. :thumb
I guess you’ve used red text to make it look different. I get that. Think it will get a bit tiresome once the novelty wears off.
Personally, I would welcome an option to filter out ‘for sale’ and ‘wanted’ posts.

Last edited:
Yes please, a 'for sale/wanted' filter and an option to reverse the white background into dark blue. Healthier, since we all keep staring at these screens till deep into the night, like rabbits in front of a lightbox ;)

OmG! Just noticed the 'bad spelling' icon besides the holebi sign. We Belgians might get expelled out of class!! :Grin

Last edited:
Sorry but why change as the old version was easier and quicker to navigate. Modern is not always best.

We needed to upgrade the forum software so decided on a revamp we are sorry some people don’t like it we have all worked very hard on this. I can assure you once you get used to it you will find it gets easier. We have now ourselves got to get used to all the functionality behind the scenes.

We needed to upgrade the forum software so decided on a revamp we are sorry some people don’t like it we have all worked very hard on this. I can assure you once you get used to it you will find it gets easier. We have now ourselves got to get used to all the functionality behind the scenes.
Thanks for this, Calikev, it's always good to know the reasoning reasons behind unexpected change.

leave or remain

Looks good on my Mac.
Haven't had time to fully explore using my iPhone yet.

I think a tab for Recent Posts needs to be on the main forum page. Its usually the button i hit to see what's been going on. Having to navigate via the What New tab is a bit of a chore.

I think a tab for Recent Posts needs to be on the main forum page. Its usually the button i hit to see what's been going on. Having to navigate via the What New tab is a bit of a chore.

I agree, although not viable for all devices. For desktop we've made it happen, its now also accessible by clicking the link in the white bar :

7a1ba1af-6a31-4424-bfd7-7b94e9f05c42.png

Quick question.
I air dropped a picture from my iPhone to Mac. The file type appears as HEIC.
The image transfer tab here won't upload this image. I had to send the image via email, which displays it as a JPEG which I was then able to upload to the forum image tab...???

HEIC isnt fully supported by all browsers, however im not totally sure if the new software has accommodated for the file format. It used to just upload it as a file, I've enabled the file extension for a quick test, would you mind trying to use a HEIC to see if it works ?

Test

As you can see. Its still not possible. Cannot select the HEIC image.

ah thats a shame, Will look into it more to see if its possible. I'm sure Apple would have been clever enough to realise there wouldnt be some level of support across the board. I'd imagine its a combination of the editor/uploader and cross browser support which is the issue. Will report back if i find a solution.

Interestingly, my iMac photos have to be dropped to the desktop to convert them from HEIC before I drag them to the post, but on the iPad, the photos selector takes care of it and allows you to select photos directly from the photos library.

We are missing the number of posts/replies on each thread, any chance of adding it to the new system?
Also the number of views. :thumb

Last edited:
Nice fresh modern look. Like all things new some elements take a little time to get used to.

Back