Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali ordered

P

Pinocchio_888

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
So after reading posts on the forum for the last month (every spare minute I had), I finally ordered a new Cali last week.

Spec as follows:-
Ocean 204PS (I wish the 4 motion was still an option)
Indium Grey (I couldn’t bring myself to spend nearly £3k on a two tone paint and I was torn between Indium Grey and Ascot Grey)
Sports Styling Package
Discover Media Pro
Fuel Tank - 80l
Stronger Bttry & Alt Capacity
Comfort Mattress
4 Keys
Power Sliding Door
Outdoor shower
Towbar

Now it’s a waiting game and fingers crossed it arrives before the end of the year.

I am looking forward to trips to Cornwall and Devon (next year) and will use it daily to take the Labrador to the New Forest once it arrives.

Back to reading more of the forum with the great ideas everyone has.

Nice spec, should be a lot of fun to own

Been on a very similar path this last month , will be great - like you I would have probably ordered 4Motion if I could.

So after reading posts on the forum for the last month (every spare minute I had), I finally ordered a new Cali last week.

Indium Grey (I couldn’t bring myself to spend nearly £3k on a two tone paint and I was torn between Indium Grey and Ascot Grey)
Sports Styling Package
Discover Media Pro
Fuel Tank - 80l
Comfort Mattress
4 Keys
Power Sliding Door
Outdoor shower
Towbar

Now it’s a waiting game and fingers crossed it arrives before the end of the year.

I am looking forward to trips to Cornwall and Devon (next year) and will use it daily to take the Labrador to the New Forest once it arrives.

No 4 motion saves you money and weight therefore money again in fuel, use that £££ for all season tyres and / or more trips !

Sports Styling Package
Discover Media Pro
Fuel Tank - 80l
Comfort Mattress
4 Keys
Power Sliding Door
Outdoor shower
Towbar

Welcome !
It’s the most amazing experience owning a new California.
Love it.
My few pennies worth.
Any reason for Alternator upgrade ?
I’d have put the money towards solar…
Comfort. Not comfortable. (S2S is better)
No to sliding door. (They fail sometimes) and unless it’s because you have a dia need for electric door.
80l Fuel tank, not unless your touring Africa or South America and need that extra 100 miles…

Yes to wood effect floor. Massive upgrade visually.
Yes to the other items…

Sports Styling Package
Discover Media Pro
Fuel Tank - 80l
Comfort Mattress
4 Keys
Power Sliding Door
Outdoor shower
Towbar

Congratulations - should be a shortish wait? We had an 11-month wait, and used the time getting equipped. At 7 months in, we decided we couldn’t wait to start, so hired one for 2 weeks!!

You‘re not going to regret the choice. As others have said, 4 motion only gives marginal added grip, much better to have cross climate tyres.

Welcome !
It’s the most amazing experience owning a new California.
Love it.
My few pennies worth.
Any reason for Alternator upgrade ?
I’d have put the money towards solar…
Comfort. Not comfortable. (S2S is better)
No to sliding door. (They fail sometimes) and unless it’s because you have a dia need for electric door.
80l Fuel tank, not unless your touring Africa or South America and need that extra 100 miles…

Yes to wood effect floor. Massive upgrade visually.
Yes to the other items…
I can’t wait for it to arrive and get out with the dog.

The alternator upgrade was a lower cost option (when compared to others) and I thought it would help with charging when travelling between sites and not using hook up.

The electric door was more for convenience than anything, although I am aware of the annoying beeping.

80l tank - if it means one less fuel stop every few refills, it’s worth it. I already spend too much time queuing at the petrol station with my current car.

Wood floor did look great on the showroom vehicle, but with a large Labrador, it wouldn’t last 5 mins and the marks would be too visible. The hard floor at home has been destroyed! I am now looking at carpet mats for the rear, as he slips around a lot and causes damage.

Sports Styling Package
Discover Media Pro
Fuel Tank - 80l
Comfort Mattress
4 Keys
Power Sliding Door
Outdoor shower
Towbar

Awesome spec, should look just like my new one . FWIW, I’m with you in the 80ltr tank and ‘wooden’ floor, but with others on the electric door which seems to cause far more problems incl noise than it’s worth, and the uncomfortable mattress.
Re. the alternator upgrade, I believe it is just the starter battery that is upgraded not the leisure batteries so it will make very little difference - designed for delivery drivers who stop/start the engine all the time, at least that’s what a couple of dealers have told me. So very little relevance to a Cali.

The alternator upgrade was a lower cost option (when compared to others) and I thought it would help with charging when travelling between sites and not using hook up.

The electric door was more for convenience than anything, although I am aware of the annoying beeping.

80l tank - if it means one less fuel stop every few refills, it’s worth it. I already spend too much time queuing at the petrol station with my current car.

Wood floor did look great on the showroom vehicle, but with a large Labrador, it wouldn’t last 5 mins and the marks would be too visible. The hard floor at home has been destroyed! I am now looking at carpet mats for the rear, as he slips around a lot and causes damage.
We have a wood effect floor. It’s fairly tough. These Dunelm rubber backed mats stay in place, washable, and at £12 each (2 fits the space well), they’re not a fortune to replace. We’ve travelled with and camped our sons largish dog in the back a few times and the mats were fine. We also use them in the boot.

Agree with the 80 litre tank. It’s great when travelling big distances so you don’t need to veer off the highway too much for refills, like in France - or the UK.

We have a wood effect floor. It’s fairly tough. These Dunelm rubber backed mats stay in place, washable, and at £12 each (2 fits the space well), they’re not a fortune to replace. We’ve travelled with and camped our sons largish dog in the back a few times and the mats were fine. We also use them in the boot.
Cheers for the link. They will be ideal to provide protection and comfort for the dog.

Haha, this reminds me of the time when we made it from Glasgow to the centre of Luxembourg on one tank (just!). I specced the long range 120 litre tank on the Fiat Ducato based Globecar that we ordered and was determined to get to Luxembourg for the (then in 2013) very cheap diesel :D :D:D. My nerves were run ragged near the end of the journey……. Never again!

Last edited:

+1 for the 80 litre tank, low cost and useful all the time especially on big trips when you end up rushing for a ferry where both time and fuel are running low !

Different times, but during the fuel strikes of the late 90’s managed to eek out the diesel to get from Derby to Sandwich via Stratford on Avon, and back to Stratford where I was able to buy £10 worth to get me home. 50mph the whole way!!

I had a cancelled order, so have the electric door, when I wouldn't have ordered it. Love it, very handy when the dogs are going in different directions or with lots of shopping.

I am remarkably sensitive to noise & the beeps are ok.

Last edited:

I’ve just got mine. The beep is so quiet and I was warned against it by one dealer. I’m so glad I stuck with my desire for the door. It’s brilliant. Had it two weeks now and no regret with the door.

I’ve just got mine. The beep is so quiet and I was warned against it by one dealer. I’m so glad I stuck with my desire for the door. It’s brilliant. Had it two weeks now and no regret with the door.
100% agree about the power sliding door - I was in two minds when we ordered but the beep is very quiet and not penetrating, it’s so handy and just would be kicking myself now if hadn’t added it. Seems like it’s somewhat quieter than previous versions perhaps.

Well done on your order. I took a cancelled order which meant delivery some 2-3 months earlier, eta now early Oct. But i lost Ascot grey for an expensive Mojave Beige, and a shower and comfort mattress - which in hindsight will probably be quite useful additions in. I also lost the 80 l fuel tank. Hey ho….Whatever, it’ll be great

Well done on your order. I took a cancelled order which meant delivery some 2-3 months earlier, eta now early Oct. But i lost Ascot grey for an expensive Mojave Beige, and a shower and comfort mattress - which in hindsight will probably be quite useful additions in. I also lost the 80 l fuel tank. Hey ho….Whatever, it’ll be great
That Mojave is a beauty!

I discovered in December the heated windscreen was missed off my build (configurator selection). It’s not really been needed until the freezing conditions a few weeks ago.

Amazingly, these can’t be retrofitted by the dealer and so they have said I can keep my van and use it whilst a new one to my exact spec is being built. They will then swap them over.

It should be on 24 plates (delivery after March) on 0 miles. The dealer said that with the end of production looming, they’re happy to take on the van as it will sell.

I see it as a result. (I did try and see if I could order the 4Motion but they said it had to be exactly the same as original order!)

I discovered in December the heated windscreen was missed off my build (configurator selection). It’s not really been needed until the freezing conditions a few weeks ago.

Amazingly, these can’t be retrofitted by the dealer and so they have said I can keep my van and use it whilst a new one to my exact spec is being built. They will then swap them over.

It should be on 24 plates (delivery after March) on 0 miles. The dealer said that with the end of production looming, they’re happy to take on the van as it will sell.

I see it as a result. (I did try and see if I could order the 4Motion but they said it had to be exactly the same as original order!)
Time to plan that mega Euro vacation

Sounds like a good result if they’re sorting you a new van out and you get to use the existing one in between time.
Although I’m not sure if I should believe anything you say based on your user name!

Back