Ordered my new california on Friday

RIK

RIK

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hello everyone
I have just orderd a California Ocean 204Ps DSG 4 motion in Indium grey,
great looking through the forum,already found loads of advice.
My wife has started a diary / book of places to go, most of the time I will be towing my boat and using the camper as some were to stay over night .I hope also to attend some of the meets on the forum :thumb

Are you forecasting lots of rain?

I find ferries to be the only boat that I like :shocked

Seriously, welcome :D

Hi Rik, we're in the process of spec-ing exactly the same, previously having had a Natural Grey T5 4 Mo. We also live in Hertfordshire, would really like to have a chat. I'll PM you with our our phone number - would be really grateful if you give me a call. Graham

Hi and welcome !

Welcome Rik,
Your Cali sounds lovely. Nice colour too.
Are they doing a Diff lock on the T6 4motion?
When is the maiden voyage likely to be?

Welcome Rik,
Your Cali sounds lovely. Nice colour too.
Are they doing a Diff lock on the T6 4motion?
When is the maiden voyage likely to be?
Hi Borris , they are doing Diff lock I will have it on mine, its not on the price list but they have
a code for it. £450 + vat.Hope to get it around March and will be staight out in it

Hi Borris , they are doing Diff lock I will have it on mine, its not on the price list but they have
a code for it. £450 + vat.Hope to get it around March and will be staight out in it
That is good. If you order the 4Motion then it makes sense to order the diff lock as well.
March is also good. Just in time for spring.

I've ordered a 204 4Motion DSG. I asked VW Commercial Customer Relations about the Diff Lock and was told...

"The Differential lock is an Electric one as standard within the ESP Pack but the Manual one it is not available for the 4 Motion model I’m afraid."

In the data sheet... https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/media/2446619/1500910_t6_california_datasheet_and_price_list.pdf

...under Safety and Security it includes includes in the Ocean...

Electronic stabilisation programme (ESP) with brake assistant, ABS/ASR, EDL and hill hold control

EDL = Electronic Differential Lock

If there is a code for it could you please post it so I can check again? Thanks

I'm not planning on going hard core off roading so what benefit would a manual Diff Lock have over the EDL please?

This Vid should VW EDL in action

In Germany I can order an mechanical Differential Lock
a095f2d3dcb0e82a1cf5c06e168d430b.jpg

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk