Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mercedes Marco Polo

James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
Found this on Youtube for The Mercedes Marco Polo (Cali rival for our continental friends)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcct8kRg ... re=related

I'm not sure about the woman in the back....

Not as impressed as I thought - electric bed a 'halo' feature but is it needed? Thought the upstairs bed relying on straps was not great.

I might be biased but I was just not that won over with this, I expected a bit more.

Opinions?

James

Not to my taste at all. The dome sticker decals look a bit like something off a cheap generic kitchen appliance. Speaking of kitchens, the cupboard doors look like the roller shutters on a shop front in a bad area... the novelty of opening them upwards would soon get old - innovation for its own sake I think. The kitchen drawer front trims look a bit naff and the cover for the cooker and sink is too deep and chunky... but the woman doing the demo can come in my Cali and give my unit a stroke any time :laugh2 The table leg at an angle only serves to reduce legroom. Liked the concept of the swivelling storage but that's about all I did like. You'd need to plan early for bedtime waiting for the electric bed to go down. Have they built it to appeal to clunky old eastern block tastes so they can sell it to the new wealthy sector over there?...all in all not a Cali beater...but I would say that wouldn't I?

Gratuitous upskirt shot 1:12.......

its interesting to see Westfalia designs like the swinging rear cupboard unit first used in 61 still being used in new versions....

I wonder if that suffers from trapped roof bellows?

I do like the westy unit system i must admit .slightly on the high side ,but it looks good quality,design and practical i'll give westy that :thumb :thumb

Camping with friends who got their Marco Polo last week. I've got to say it's a lovely looking van inside. VW if you're reading this ...

Dark flooring in the rear is better than grey.
Dark carpets in the front are better than grey.
Rear opening window is very handy.

Storage of chairs and table is better in VW. They lose all the storage we have.

IMG_9610.JPG

Not sure about that, as the dark floors would show up all of zebs white hair!
Polo looks fab but way to posh for a dog owner and a wet week away in Wales.

Those blinds look awful for such a posh van, I think they ran out of money on that bit.

Floor comparison photos. @darkar-Cali we have a black lab so have the opposite hair issue. It would be good if there was a choice when speccing the van.

IMG_9618.JPG

IMG_9620.JPG

IMG_9621.JPG

IMG_9622.JPG

Floor comparison photos. @darkar-Cali we have a black lab so have the opposite hair issue. It would be good if there was a choice when speccing the van.

The floor looks very posh in the polo, but it doesn't look as strong as the Cali. I maybe wrong as I don't have a polo but it looks like a dogs claws, tool boxes and the tip run would damage it and you would really notice the scratches.
Where as I've done all that in the Cali and yes the floor has the odd mark but you don't notice it.
Plus whichever van you own I would still use a mat (which you can have in any colour).

I think it's great that vw have some healthy competition and it will make them tweak the Cali like they did with the split worktop and extra lighting. Who knows they may even have the rear tailgate window one day, which I really like (but prob wouldn't be able to use as I have bike rack). Lwb Cali would be nice, as the polo is longer.

Back