Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Mercedes Benz Marco Polo Campervan

MB don't have a good reputation with the trade in regard to their panel vans, not sure if they have solved the problem now but they used to rust like an old Lancia!

I think they're galvanised nowadays but I've got a 4 year old sprinter panel van and that's got rust starting to show. It'll be for sale next months if anyone's interested!

For anyone wanting to buy an MP, from my experience the dealer satisfaction level is going to be on a par with VW.

My experiences: Dealer 1: " Will you be getting the Marco Polo next year (2016) "? ......"whats the Marco polo??"

Dealer 2: "you will have to go to Southampton for that"........ "I am in Southampton"........."oh... Southampton commercials"......"Mercedes Benz say it will be sold through their main car dealerships .... as you are"...

Dealer 3 (as recommended by dealer 2)...... "we will not be seeing it until mid 2017"..... "oh! This Mercedes Benz press release says Q3 2016".... "oh yes, but thats MB Germany, they never get it right"......

At the moment I am sat in Albert, just over 1100 miles in the last 4 days and nights and nothing on this planet could make my smile any broader than it is now so Marco Polo can just take his "burning stones" ... (coal)... back to Kublai Khan.

Just the bubbling roof issue, can't help but see it/then think about it every time I wash/polish/put the camper cosi on/check the canvas on the Cali. Just wish VW would get it sorted.

And the way the external table and chairs are stored means that there's hardly any storage at the rear. BIG mistake. Admittedly, it is more luxurious but in my view less practical. VW T5/6 wins!

Did you know that the Marco Polo over taken California sales in Germany and France for 2015/16 !!! There are many on the roads here now

Did you know that the Marco Polo over taken California sales in Germany and France for 2015/16 !!! There are many on the roads here now

Useful info.

Not surprised. Explains why VW tried to offer more upmarket interior in T6.

I reckon Californias look better from outside but Merc interior looks better. If it is anything like the V Klasse then that is a big positive over the Cali.

However even the V Klasse looks so van like from outside.