Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Loire Region recommendations

K

Kathrynandpaul

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi
We have 16 days available in August to go away. We had planned to drive round Wales but looking at the availability and prices of campsites here I am tempted to book the tunnel and head back to France. We went to Ile De Re and near Le Mans back in May, our first time as a family and loved it. I'm looking for recommendations for Central France, Loire Valley, for a family with kids aged 9 and 5, that are on the lower end of the price scale - municipals and similar as the big chains seem already pretty booked up and we want to keep cost down. Ideally near a swimming lake, has pool on or near site. Any places people recommend? Thanks so much

Also been here 3 times

Hi
We have 16 days available in August to go away. We had planned to drive round Wales but looking at the availability and prices of campsites here I am tempted to book the tunnel and head back to France. We went to Ile De Re and near Le Mans back in May, our first time as a family and loved it. I'm looking for recommendations for Central France, Loire Valley, for a family with kids aged 9 and 5, that are on the lower end of the price scale - municipals and similar as the big chains seem already pretty booked up and we want to keep cost down. Ideally near a swimming lake, has pool on or near site. Any places people recommend? Thanks so much
I love Sancerre been there a few times, there’s a municipal site now run by flowers camping.
Right on the Loire, amazing wine and stunning views in the village (easy walk/cycle).