Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Luxury site for special treat

E

Edgar

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello

Looking to treat my wife before our next baby arrives on September. Looking for a site where we can camp within 2-3 hours of Bristol.

Ideally it is near the sea, luxury facilities and ideally a swimming pool although not essential. Not looking for any large/commercial sites. Money no object

Anywhere around St Ives a bonus

TIA

Compared to a two night stay in a nice hotel it will be a bargain

Hello

Looking to treat my wife before our next baby arrives on September. Looking for a site where we can camp within 2-3 hours of Bristol.

Ideally it is near the sea, luxury facilities and ideally a swimming pool although not essential. Not looking for any large/commercial sites. Money no object

TIA
Polmanter in St Ives would seem to fit the bill, great pool and sea views from many pitches, lovely walks down to town and bus/taxi back.

Hi Edgar, I get your intention, but camping - luxury; that does not compute. London is within 2 - 3 hours of Bristol, right? The Dorchester, that’s luxury. And, if you ask nicely, they will let you park your van on the forecourt.

HI @Edgar -- I'm slightly struggling with your term "luxury" - perhaps you can explain so we can help you more....

Do you mean "luxury facilities" -- i.e. clean toilets and showers or do you mean "luxury site" --- for me a luxury site would be somewhere that is isolated and basic --- e.g. Uig Sands on the Isle of Lewis. Everyone's different!

There's a great campsite in Hartland, North Devon, you used to be able to drive through their fields and camp on top of the hills with a fabulous sea view (http://www.westcountry-camping.uk/). I've not camped there for a number of years.....but have had some of my best camping memories there watching the sunsets.

If you want Luxury, might be worth looking at a nice hotel...
Scarlet in Cornwall is pretty nice

Have a look at Ayr Holiday Park In St Ives. They have a small pool, underfloor heating in toilets/showers and also own the Garrack Hotel (next door) which does fabulous food (had the steak platter last night). Ten minutes walk to beach and town centre, steep walk back or grab a taxi

Hello

TIA
Hello Edgar,
Polmanter touring park, St Ives....swimming pool, bar, great food & a lovely well kept site. We stayed there for a few days.....great.

St Ives bay (recently taken over by away resorts) is in a lovely location right on Hayle beach, which is beautiful. It has a swimming pool, however the camping facilities are by no means 'luxury'. I would agree with a previous comment that the two don't really go together.

We stayed here last weekend and the sunset was beautiful. They have luxury caravans with a hot tub that overlook the beach. Perhaps that would be an option?

IMG_20220708_212852.jpg

IMG_20220709_112106.jpg

IMG_20220708_220102.jpg