Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure battery on 2018 BeachT6

JonathanB

JonathanB

Dido the Red Cali
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Can anybody tell me the type (make Ah Gel? etc) battery on my T6 Beach because I want to add another under the other front seat.

Can anybody tell me the type (make Ah Gel? etc) battery on my T6 Beach because I want to add another under the other front seat.
I would suggest checking your existing Leisure Battery as they can fit different makes. Would be interesting to see how you manage it. The Ocean that has 2 Leisure Batteries has the second one fitted in the base of the wardrobe, not the R hand front seat.

My leisure and starter battery are the same (2017 Beach). The photo is the leisure battery:
IMG_0545.JPG

But... if you want to extend the charge of the battery, installing solar panels on the roof of your van might well be a better option. Two 100 watt panels on our roof and we, as a family of four, spent three months in Scandinavia completely off grid.

I want to add another under the other front seat.
I had a look at mine to see if this was feasible a while back, looked like it wouldn't a problem. It's on my list for summer projects. I wonder why VW puts the second one in the back as WG noted, must be a reason? The space under my RH front seat is now full of all sorts of bric-à-brac and I never really remember what is there anyway. Marie Kondo would faint.

I had a look at mine to see if this was feasible a while back, looked like it wouldn't a problem. It's on my list for summer projects. I wonder why VW puts the second one in the back as WG noted, must be a reason? The space under my RH front seat is now full of all sorts of bric-à-brac and I never really remember what is there anyway. Marie Kondo would faint.
Do you have the factory fitted Eberspacher Parking Heater? As that is fitted on the R side , but under the floorpan.

75Ah gel is effectively 50AH. Could be possible to use higher capacity in parallel, considering loads aren't that high.
I went for an extra 160AH lithium in a storage box. Which is effectively 170AH (measured) over 3 cali leisure gels. 20kg and removable, if I don't want to leave it freezing for weeks.
Independent from original circuit. Can put loads of 2kw directly (for ex. inverter) Might add solar panels to it in the future.
Will post photos when done.

Do you have the factory fitted Eberspacher Parking Heater? As that is fitted on the R side , but under the floorpan.

I do. Think this would interfere with putting a battery under the seat? I haven’t really looked that close yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do. Think this would interfere with putting a battery under the seat? I haven’t really looked that close yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Possibly.