Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kent newbie going to be wanabe Cali owner :-)

C

choplee

Guest User
hi to the all you cali guys and others wanting to be or going to be ....
I was a want to be and now a going to be :thumb

I'm on the east coast of Kent and got a Berghaus on order now after a week of VW dealers playing silly buggers ...
Looks like my 71 Westfalia has been sold ,so it's been a happy & sad week for me,but i am looking forward to picking up the cali. Also hearing about others enjoying them so much and how they use them for different uses and now they couldn't do without them.

i can still have some accessories put on the cali if i want to ,so anything you think that maybe useful i would be glad to hear about it ... Or if it's cheaper to buy after from a 3rd party ..?? :thanks

:hello

Hi lee glad you have taken the plunge don't forget to put your sticker on when it arrives
That's my tip for the best accessory :rofl :rofl oh and welcome along and thanks for your imput
So far :thumb

Can't wait for the cali and the club sticker CaliKev ...:)

i did do an intro when i joined up ,but thought i'd better do another as i've paid up membership and was using the forum a fair amount :thumb

cheers fella hope to meet up to put some names to faces when i take delivery :crazy

Nice one Lee, I'm glad it's all coming together.

If you can run to it I would consider the lowering springs. They can be fitted at anytime of course but any parts fitted from new and on the original invoice carry the 3 year warranty.

The rear bumper protector is a no brainer IMHO and should be standard. I also added the tailgate protection strip.

You'll need to make sure you have a 907 Camping Gaz cylinder.

I've ordered the full carpet set from Quality Tailored Car Mats, using the VIP discount, as I think the Cali floor could easily get marked. Also ordered the Mattress Topper from the Dog Bed company, again using the VIP code.

Nice one Lee it must feel really good now you've got your deal sorted :clap

Hopefully I might get mine sorted this week too :thumb

When are you due to hear from DTD or Auto eBid that you used Mark?

thanks guys for input .....

bumper protector (check) vw
rear mats ( check ) 3rd party
gas (check ) 3rd party

springs stu ....??? the wife maybe still doing a bit of pathment riding ..is it more of an upgrade than a lower ..???

Stu said:
When are you due to hear from DTD or Auto eBid that you used Mark?

I should be hearing something from DTD today or at least that's what they said

Autoebid on Wednesday/Thursday so hopefully something will come up

I hope it's goon news Mark.

Lee I think the springs are just for looks to be honest.

They don't make no real ride difference ????
Just giving her a nicer stand ?

I don't really know about the ride Lee as she had them from new but others have reported minimal difference.

For the ride is no problem at all, not crashy in anyway.

hi lee

congrats on ordering your Cali, very exciting.

we found quite a difference in ride/handling when we had our van lowered, much better and I would highly recommend it :grin:

Jo

JosieD said:
hi lee

congrats on ordering your Cali, very exciting.

we found quite a difference in ride/handling when we had our van lowered, much better and I would highly recommend it :grin:

Jo

Thanks josie .....i am very excited indeed and think i'll go for the vw springs ...don't want to lower to much as the wife likes a curb or 2 and it's goto be versatile as a daily driver :thumb

OK ..... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

It's official delivery date for my grey berg is 14TH JUNE ........thats right under a week to go..

:crazy :crazy :clap :cool: :cool: :thumb :barmy :barmy :D ;) :shocked :shocked :thumb :cool:

choplee said:
OK ..... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

It's official delivery date for my grey berg is 14TH JUNE ........thats right under a week to go..

:crazy :crazy :clap :cool: :cool: :thumb :barmy :barmy :D ;) :shocked :shocked :thumb :cool:

Great news chop lee :D Your not going to get much sleep this week

Mines being delivered on the 16th 2 days after yours :barmy

Congratulations, becoming a 'full member' !!

Going to be a long few days !!

Planned the first trip yet ??

I'm feeling sick as we speak marky ... Not sure if it's the excitment or knowing that I'll be a kidney short and alot poorer ...lol lol

Great news for you as well fella :)

Andy said:

Congratulations, becoming a 'full member' !!

Going to be a long few days !!

Planned the first trip yet ??

Morning Andy .... Long days and nights from now on until I pick her up .. Lol

First camp type trip is the cali new forest meet on the 22nd-23rd :)

I'm feeling sick as we speak marky ... Not sure if it's the excitment or knowing that I'll be a kidney short and alot poorer ...lol lol

That's normal, after it sinks what you've just done. Scary till you've used you new pride & joy a few times.

First camp type trip is the cali new forest meet on the 22nd-23rd :)

Unfortunately I am not able to get there, family commitments.
Enjoy the weekend, no better place to have your first camp in new Cali, as there will be a few folk to answer your questions.

well....!!!!... time has come guys it's D-day tomorrow and i'll officially be poor and happy with my new cali :thumb :thumb :thumb :lol: :lol: :rofl :rofl :doh :laugh2 :laugh2 :barmy :barmy :crazy

thanks guys for the support .......not the best nights sleep ....last minute jitters thinking is it going to get used do we need it and do i want to be poor .... :?

now i do feel sick and maybe this is what it would be like if i was getting married :laugh2 :laugh2

choplee said:
thanks guys for the support .......not the best nights sleep ....last minute jitters thinking is it going to get used do we need it and do i want to be poor .... :?

now i do feel sick and maybe this is what it would be like if i was getting married :laugh2 :laugh2
Think we all had them thoughts, soon go away when you drive it out of the garage and it's finally all yours - and if you had to get rid, you wouldn't lose a fortune as on a luxury car,
have a great day and when you stop at the traffic lights and people are glaring at you or the Cali, there's nothing wrong, it's admiration of what you've got and what they want!

Enjoy

Kevin
ps make sure you go to the loo before you pick it up, the excitement'll be tooooooooo much