Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Importing

HowieDog

HowieDog

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
Excuse the fact that This is about a Hymer Yellowstone (and on a Ducato!) but I thought it might be of interest.

After our succession of Calis and then the Hymer Blue Evo for the last 18 months we have gone a bit longer for a 6.4m Hymer Yellowstone - think Grand Cali 680 but with a nice interior ;-)

Anyway, setting aside the vehicle, general view on most forums suggests post Brexit means importing is both uneconomical and complex.

I’m hoping not to eat a large portion of humble pie, but I’m currently travelling from Berlin to Dresden to collect my new van tomorrow!

Will update as things progress, but if you tour a lot in the EU and are happy with a LHD there a big savings to be made.
Here’s departure this afternoon from rainy Stansted and arrival at a very cool Berlin Brandenberg airport

IMG_8557.jpeg

IMG_8566.jpeg

I sometimes wonder about the costs and logistics of importing from the the US. Same LHD issue but a better choice of high spec vans imo especially if you like some soft roading ability.

F
I sometimes wonder about the costs and logistics of importing from the the US. Same LHD issue but a better choice of high spec vans imo especially if you like some soft roading ability.
From what I've seen not many bargains Stateside. But the level of equipment ......wowzers. Skies the limit.

F

From what I've seen not many bargains Stateside. But the level of equipment ......wowzers. Skies the limit.

They seem to have really embraced the off grid ethos in a way that is rarely seen in Europe, not a great surprise given the geography and road trip ethos I guess. Whilst VW are finally putting lithium in the Multivan bus it’s a whopping 80Ah max whereas is the US 300-600Ah+ is becoming the norm! Mind you we don’t consider aircon, induction cooking and microwaves as camping essentials…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk