Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended "warranty"

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
As part of my current California issues, I've looked into an extended warranty via VW but run by Mondial (who do most of them)
All I can say is PLEASE no one take one out!!

The TOP level of cover is £1700; this included VW Assist for a year but…this is the absolute ludicrous bit - the highest amount they cover is £2500 (for a single claim).
Engine blows? Tough. Gearbox dies? Tough. Roof breaks? Tough.

I just called back to check and it's true.

Does this suggest that Californias are VERY high risk?!

Something that I hope will be raised when the meeting with VW takes place + VW in MK.

Given the number of issues many have had with our beloved Cali's there is little point in offering a warranty that plainly doesn't suit the vehicle.

Stu said:
Something that I hope will be raised when the meeting with VW takes place + VW in MK.

Given the number of issues many have had with our beloved Cali's there is little point in offering a warranty that plainly doesn't suit the vehicle.

Indeed. But it's also the price to buy it - almost the cost of the maximum cover itself! How is that a warranty (or insurance)?!

If I got the car covered (no need yet as it's 10 months old but I checked anyway) with the SAME group (Mondial but under the BMW name instead of VW), I'd had it covered up to the value of the car. And it would cost far less to buy… :?: :crazy

Back