Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

"All-in" warranty

I’ve opted for the all in warranty as is a good deal. However the level of warranty cover doesn’t match the original 3 year warranty,

Coverage looks fine to me, I cant see any warranty covering the following & the only difference with the original is the battery. Even that you would be hard pushed at 5 years to argue that it wasn't fair wear & tear.

What is not covered?
Replacement parts and labour will be paid for with the following exceptions:
Routine servicing (all parts replaced associated with routine servicing are excluded) All bodywork, glass (including heated) and seals
Wear and perishable items as follows:
All adjustments, cambelt timing, diesel timing or cleaning
Batteries
Brake frictional material
Bulbs and fuses
Clutch frictional material
Coolant pipes and hoses
CV boot gaiters
Exhaust systems including diesel particulate filters (although catalytic converters are covered for internal failure only)
Non-manufacturer’s original parts or second hand parts
Tyres and wheels
Unencased drive belts
Upholstery, interior and exterior trims
Washer pipes and vacuum hoses
Wiper blades, arms and washer jets
Wiring and connections (including HT leads and aerial coaxial cables)

It seems as though if there are current plans still valid on your vehicle (warranty or service plans) then they have to expire prior to taking up the new 'all in' plan (plus passing the vehicle inspection).

We had to have our last service on our last plan completed and then it took about a week of chasing by the dealer to VW to get the old plan completed on the system, so that they could then create the new one.

So it will depend on your dealer as to how much they chase for you.
The plan that I had was for two services. The second and final one was done on the 21st February which was when I also had the all in eligibility check done. So there should be no current plan. Service staff said on the day it normal,y takes 2 days before computer is updated. I’ve been trying since 23rd to take this plan out. I called Vw on Monday 28th after dealer saying I’d have to contact them as computer was still saying no. Spoke to them after waiting for 30 minutes and was assured plan had been cancelled. Back to dealer, nope, still couldn’t take it out, need to wait two days. It’s now 11 days after plan should have ended and I still can’t take out the all in. Called Vw to log a complaint but they refused to pass me on as I didn’t pass security as I couldn’t tell them date plan started or how long it was for. I don’t have the paperwork as I gave it to the dealer when they did the service last week. As to the duration of plan I thought it was for two services, not a fixed period. So, so frustrating.

Coverage looks fine to me, I cant see any warranty covering the following & the only difference with the original is the battery. Even that you would be hard pushed at 5 years to argue that it wasn't fair wear & tear.

What is not covered?
Routine servicing (all parts replaced associated with routine servicing are excluded) All bodywork, glass (including heated) and seals
Batteries
Bulbs and fuses
Coolant pipes and hoses
CV boot gaiters
Exhaust systems including diesel particulate filters (although catalytic converters are covered for internal failure only)
Tyres and wheels
Unencased drive belts
Earlier in this thread, I’ve listed the info I got from VW via the dealer, with regard to cover, most of the exceptions are around the habitation equipment. I still think the All in warranty is a good deal. However if I was buying a new van (which I’m not ) I would be tempted to opt for the five years factory warranty.

Earlier in this thread, I’ve listed the info I got from VW via the dealer, with regard to cover, most of the exceptions are around the habitation equipment. I still think the All in warranty is a good deal. However if I was buying a new van (which I’m not ) I would be tempted to opt for the five years factory warranty.
Sorry I missed your earlier post, its strange that the dealer gives you a different list to that published on the VW website.

Im in a slightly different position with no raising roof etc to work about.

Sorry I missed your earlier post, its strange that the dealer gives you a different list to that published on the VW website.

Im in a slightly different position with no raising roof etc to work about.
On reading the VW info I concluded it was ambiguous, on the Camper aspects of the cover & specifically asked those questions. There is definitely an argument that a literal interpretation of the VW spec those items should be covered. If and when I need to claim , I may have that discussion!

Dealer came good in the end and got it all sorted. Distinctly unimpressed by Vw customer services and the Vw computer system. It’s almost like they don’t want your business.

Our van is 21 months old, we bought it 7 weeks ago and it has no extended warranty. I like the idea of the All-In deal but from what I can tell it can not be purchased until the van is 3 years old. Does anyone have any experience of buying in advance? Ta :)

Our van is 21 months old, we bought it 7 weeks ago and it has no extended warranty. I like the idea of the All-In deal but from what I can tell it can not be purchased until the van is 3 years old. Does anyone have any experience of buying in advance? Ta :)
Why would you want or need to buy the All-In deal when your vehicle is only 21 months old? It is still under full warranty until 36 months.

Why would you want or need to buy the All-In deal when your vehicle is only 21 months old? It is still under full warranty until 36 months.
A good question……. greed I s’pose :) …….. the current deal is with 25% discount and includes 2 services……. Just thinking ahead really.

It’s academic as it happens….. I rang local dealer and the current warranty has to expire first so no can do anyway :(

Anyone know when 25% off ends. Our warranty ends tomorrow.

I don’t, but I think dealers may,
given the current climate of demand vs lack of supply of new vehicle, i would suspect dealers revenues are right down.
I would suspect VW will continue with the deal to support dealer network as this guarantees forward work for the network and rings the cash register in advance of that work being carried out so the revenue is booked now rather than later, bearing in mind the dealer is probably paid by VWCV for the “inspection “ element of any new warranty uptake Its in the dealers interest to get the transaction done.
if you’re going to do it, get it booked in and agree with the dealer the 25% discount price subject to their future inspection (it’s up to them ) remember that the booking can take weeks to get a slot ATM.

ps if your van needs any work to pass the inspection, you will be paying for it if outside warranty period !

The all in finishes on the 2nd May, If you take out the all in does that mean you have to follow the suggested servicing schedule, eg cam belt and water pump change at year 4?
Thanks

A good question……. greed I s’pose :) …….. the current deal is with 25% discount and includes 2 services……. Just thinking ahead really.

It’s academic as it happens….. I rang local dealer and the current warranty has to expire first so no can do anyway :(
Just realised I am in the same position. Our Beach is 21 months old too. I’m certainly not going to look at this until about a month to the end of the warranty. Ours is not extended either. :)

The all in finishes on the 2nd May, If you take out the all in does that mean you have to follow the suggested servicing schedule, eg cam belt and water pump change at year 4?
Thanks
I would have thought you would have to follow VW’s published Service Schedule.

What is not covered?
Batteries
Bulbs and fuses
Coolant pipes and hoses
CV boot gaiters
Tyres and wheels
Unencased drive belts
Ah, I have all in and mild wheel worm + under 4 years old, I had a vain hope it might be covered, seems not from your list.

Ah, I have all in and mild wheel worm + under 4 years old, I had a vain hope it might be covered, seems not from your list.
It the corrosion is due to no damage = 4 wheels changed at 3 years old because the corrosion was on the inside of the rim as well as the front face !

It the corrosion is due to no damage = 4 wheels changed at 3 years old because the corrosion was on the inside of the rim as well as the front face !
might be worth a go them, they can only say no !
Otherwise wait till its really bad then get new wheels, the nearest rim refurbisher is 70 miles away so tricky and expense to do that without another set or get a second hand set.
Plus I like the OZ rally raid wheels in matt black :)

Having seen some issues with EGR valve failures on this & T6 forum I thought I would try and clarify if the All in warranty Cover specifically included / Excluded

my question was sent to VWCV via there customer services :

“I am thinking of purchasing an All in service plan, but I have a query as far as cover exclusion.

Can you advise if the EGR system (valve and fixed pipe work ) is covered under the terms of the “All in service plan “ against faults or if it is specifically excluded ?”

here is VWCVs response

“Thank you for your recent contact with Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles regarding the All-in Warranty.

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response to your email.

I am delighted to learn that you are interested in purchasing the All-in service plan.

In regards to your query, I would recommend that you get in touch with your local Volkswagen Van Centre. They will be able to best advise on this and give recommendations necessary, as we are unable to advise on financial products from here at Customer Care.

Contact details for all our Volkswagen Van Centres can be found using the link I have provided below:

https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/e...t-app=51.50478&lng-app=-0.1371730&zoom-app=10

I hope you find this information useful. However, if any further help is needed, you may contact us using the details below.

Kindly be advised that you may receive a survey about the service that I have provided. I would be grateful if you have the time to complete this, as it will help me to provide the best experience possible

Kind regards”

I conclude from that that VWCV won’t specifically tell the customer if the EGR or any other components are specifically covered by it’s All in warranty prior to taking out the product !
Apparently the dealer will be able to advise, despite the dealer having to refer all claims to VWCV for acceptance !

How the hell is the customer supposed to know what is and is not covered prior to a claim ?

I would definitely recommend the all in warranty plan. I have just had my engine replaced after the EGR valve failed. Would've cost in excess of £11000.

Having seen some issues with EGR valve failures on this & T6 forum I thought I would try and clarify if the All in warranty Cover specifically included / Excluded

“I am thinking of purchasing an All in service plan, but I have a query as far as cover exclusion.

Can you advise if the EGR system (valve and fixed pipe work ) is covered under the terms of the “All in service plan “ against faults or if it is specifically excluded ?”

here is VWCVs response

“Thank you for your recent contact with Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles regarding the All-in Warranty.

I am delighted to learn that you are interested in purchasing the All-in service plan.

In regards to your query, I would recommend that you get in touch with your local Volkswagen Van Centre. They will be able to best advise on this and give recommendations necessary, as we are unable to advise on financial products from here at Customer Care.

Contact details for all our Volkswagen Van Centres can be found using the link I have provided below:

https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/e...t-app=51.50478&lng-app=-0.1371730&zoom-app=10

I hope you find this information useful. However, if any further help is needed, you may contact us using the details below.

Kindly be advised that you may receive a survey about the service that I have provided. I would be grateful if you have the time to complete this, as it will help me to provide the best experience possible

Kind regards”

I conclude from that that VWCV won’t specifically tell the customer if the EGR or any other components are specifically covered by it’s All in warranty prior to taking out the product !
Apparently the dealer will be able to advise, despite the dealer having to refer all claims to VWCV for acceptance !

How the hell is the customer supposed to know what is and is not covered prior to a claim ?
Deliberate obscuration - business is learning from politicians!

here is VWCVs response

Kind regards”

For entertainment value, it might be worth doing as suggested and writing to your dealer as instructed and seeing what response you get.
If VWCV are refer you to “their representative”, the dealer, and the dealer says you are covered, then VW should be committed to stand by what the dealer has said. More likely the dealer will not have a clue and refer you back to VW!

For entertainment value, it might be worth doing as suggested and writing to your dealer as instructed and seeing what response you get.
If VWCV are refer you to “their representative”, the dealer, and the dealer says you are covered, then VW should be committed to stand by what the dealer has said. More likely the dealer will not have a clue and refer you back to VW!
I have done exactly as VW suggest
I will update when I have an answer

About a year into the 2yr all in warranty the inlet manifold needed replaced on my 2016 150ps. Looked like £900 for parts and estimate for labour is £600.

About a year into the 2yr all in warranty the inlet manifold needed replaced on my 2016 150ps. Looked like £900 for parts and estimate for labour is £600.
Was that fully covered by all-in?
Our warranty expires this summer so am considering this cover.

Last edited:
Was that fully covered by all-in?
Our warranty expires this summer so am considering this cover.
Yes all covered by the "all in warranty".

I was warned by the dealer that if the fault was found to be due to faulty wiring then warranty wouldnt cover the repair. This didnt sound right to me but I looked into this and found it to be correct, some statement on the vw.co.uk website confirmed it.

Back