Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

"All-in" warranty

I have done exactly as VW suggest
I will update when I have an answer
So an update of sorts:

Emailed my dealer, (CityGate Wooburn green) provided the response from VWCV & my original email to VWCV in which I posed the question.
As instructed by VWCV I asked the dealer to clarify.

two days passed and I hadn’t had a response, so I went through the usual call centre, i spoke to the service advisor based on site & asked if the recipient of my email was available (No with customer)
so I asked the same question of the service advisor who answered the phone (not spoken to him before)

for context I have listed the exchange as it happened :

my question (Q): “ Is the EGR valve and associated pipe work covered under the All in Warranty plan”

His Answer (A): Err what do you mean !

Q: “if the EGR develops a fault will it be covered by the All in warranty, the All in warranty does not state it’s either included or Excluded.” ?

A: What’s wrong with it

Q: “ Nothing I’m trying to establish if the EGR valve and pipe work is covered under the All in warranty“

A: Let me go and check with the workshop

A: “it’s a bit of a grey area, it depends on What’s wrong with the EGR valve, we would have to look at it “

Q: mine is a hypothetical question, I’m trying to establish if the EGR fault would be covered under the All In Warranty “

A: It depends what’s wrong with it

Q: “The All in warranty paperwork does not specifically exclude it, so is it covered”

A: That’s what I’m saying, it’s a grey area so it’s potentially covered, but not necessarily “

Q: “what you you mean potentially covered“?

A: well if it’s not specifically excluded then it’s a grey area and potentially included depending on what’s wrong with it

Q: “ what do you mean what’s wrong with it, I’m asking if it’s faulty is it covered“

A: potentially yes, but if it’s been damaged for example, it’s not covered

Q: “So if the EGR develops a fault is it covered “

A: Potentially yes depending on what’s wrong with it, as it’s a grey area we would need to investigate what’s wrong with it“.

Q: “Could you drop me an email to confirm that please”

A: No it’s not something I can put in an email as it’s a grey area and would depend on what is wrong with it, but if it’s not specifically excluded then it’s potentially covered.

at this point I thanked the service advisor for his time and put the phone down.

Make of that what you will,
VWCV don’t specifically excluded it in the Written terms of the All in and won’t answer the question Directly,
instead they put the Onus on the dealer, in charge of assessing the problem, why an EGR failure has occurred & only then can they say if it’s covered or not (presumably by this time your van is in bits).

I take from that that in 99.9% of instances the EGR valve, cooler and pipe work would be included under the All in plan, particularly as the EGR and associated is a fixed mechanical part, attached to the engine block that cannot be misused by the operator, in which case it must be covered ?
but I wouldn’t take a bet on it as it’s a Grey area ! :headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

This is at odds with people’s real life experience, particularly on the T6 forum (hence my question to VWCV).
Dealers are telling customers that EGR valve faults they present with are not covered under the All in plan, some are being charged for remedial works & those on the All in plan that subsequently are receiving replacement EGR valves are being told that it has been carried out under “good will “, by VWCV,
clearly some dealers don’t think it’s covered under the All in, yet others may, depending on what the issue is ! Or Until you actually have a fault ?

I would be interested to hear if others have any experience with Dealer / VWCV responses to this Or indeed any other “Grey areas “ with the All in plan ?

Last edited:
On the basis that the all-in warranty costs the same as just paying for the services or vice-versa its not worth not having it, & worry about whether an EGR problem is covered if it happens.

On the basis that the all-in warranty costs the same as just paying for the services or vice-versa its not worth not having it, & worry about whether an EGR problem is covered if it happens.
Andy I agree with your sentiment, but why do VWCV make it like Trying to nail jelly to a wall when you try to find out the details.

Fingers crossed approach and pay up if you have to !

the question I asked was not unreasonable and should be very straightforward to answer by VW

Has anyone had an 'All In' warranty inspection 'fail' due to a non-dealer fitted item, (say towbar?).
Or any other reason other than an unused service plan service?

Has anyone had an 'All In' warranty inspection 'fail' due to a non-dealer fitted item, (say towbar?).
Or any other reason other than an unused service plan service?
I believe that they don't do the inspection anymore before you join the scheme.
Historically, on the T6 forum there were instances with altered suspension etc being refused.

I believe that they don't do the inspection anymore before you join the scheme.
Historically, on the T6 forum there were instances with altered suspension etc being refused.
There is probation type period where no actual cover is given if a gap between the VW warranty period has expired and 2 year one commencing.
To prevent anyone with a fault taking out a 2 year warranty then expecting an existing fault repairing.

I've taken out a 2 year one at 5 years and 10 months with a gap from the 3 year warranty.

Just serviced & MOT't and saved/recouped £456.84

I took out the All-In plan about 18 months ago on my 2017 Cali. As mentioned above the cost compares favourably anyway with the cost of 2 services, MOT and breakdown cover, particularly given that the service plan cost is spread over 24 monthly payments.
My Cali developed an engine problem last week and the garage has identified it as a split EGR hose. I also flagged some recent intermittent problems with the rotary knob on the camper-control unit. Thankfully, both issues have been approved as covered by the All-In warranty - I'm particularly pleased about the control unit as the knob can't be replaced on its own, it needs a whole new unit which is not cheap apparently.
So I think I can conclude that the All-In package is a good deal. I was a bit worried about the long list of exclusions but I guess there's still plenty of stuff that is included.

That’s good to know. I signed up for it around 6 weeks ago. Worth the money in servicing, mots and roadside assistance

Hi. We took out the All-In warranty in March 22 and so approaching it's 2 year expiry date. Looking at the paperwork I understand the warranty and breakdown has a two year limit, but it states that the 2 x services has a 3 year limit. Has anyone got their last service done after the 2 year period? Just that my service isn't due for another 5000 miles and so prefer not to use it up now as I don't need to get it done before March 2024, but obviously don't want to lose it. I've emailed VWFS, but just be more reassuring to hear if someone has actually had their 2nd service honoured after the 2 year period.

Our van was first registered 29 Jan 2022. Not had the final 3rd service yet - due in another 11000 miles! But, my VW account still shows that I have this service yet to take. Maybe look at your account?

EDIT: I’ve just looked at my online VW account, and the number of services remaining isn’t shown now. I only viewed this last week… so it looks suspicious ! A call to a dealer should resolve this.

Last edited:
Our van was first registered 29 Jan 2022. Not had the final 3rd service yet - due in another 11000 miles! But, my VW account still shows that I have this service yet to take. Maybe look at your account?
Thanks - I would however slightly bigger issues in that the All-In service we have and paying for by monthly DD isn't showing on our account. So all fun at the moment with VWFS trying to resolve :)

O
So an update of sorts:

Emailed my dealer, (CityGate Wooburn green) provided the response from VWCV & my original email to VWCV in which I posed the question.

two days passed and I hadn’t had a response, so I went through the usual call centre, i spoke to the service advisor based on site & asked if the recipient of my email was available (No with customer)
so I asked the same question of the service advisor who answered the phone (not spoken to him before)

my question (Q): “ Is the EGR valve and associated pipe work covered under the All in Warranty plan”

Q: “if the EGR develops a fault will it be covered by the All in warranty, the All in warranty does not state it’s either included or Excluded.” ?

Q: “ Nothing I’m trying to establish if the EGR valve and pipe work is covered under the All in warranty“

A: “it’s a bit of a grey area, it depends on What’s wrong with the EGR valve, we would have to look at it “

Q: mine is a hypothetical question, I’m trying to establish if the EGR fault would be covered under the All In Warranty “

Q: “The All in warranty paperwork does not specifically exclude it, so is it covered”

A: That’s what I’m saying, it’s a grey area so it’s potentially covered, but not necessarily “

A: well if it’s not specifically excluded then it’s a grey area and potentially included depending on what’s wrong with it

Q: “ what do you mean what’s wrong with it, I’m asking if it’s faulty is it covered“

A: Potentially yes depending on what’s wrong with it, as it’s a grey area we would need to investigate what’s wrong with it“.

A: No it’s not something I can put in an email as it’s a grey area and would depend on what is wrong with it, but if it’s not specifically excluded then it’s potentially covered.

at this point I thanked the service advisor for his time and put the phone down.

VWCV don’t specifically excluded it in the Written terms of the All in and won’t answer the question Directly,
instead they put the Onus on the dealer, in charge of assessing the problem, why an EGR failure has occurred & only then can they say if it’s covered or not (presumably by this time your van is in bits).

I take from that that in 99.9% of instances the EGR valve, cooler and pipe work would be included under the All in plan, particularly as the EGR and associated is a fixed mechanical part, attached to the engine block that cannot be misused by the operator, in which case it must be covered ?
but I wouldn’t take a bet on it as it’s a Grey area ! :headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

This is at odds with people’s real life experience, particularly on the T6 forum (hence my question to VWCV).
Dealers are telling customers that EGR valve faults they present with are not covered under the All in plan, some are being charged for remedial works & those on the All in plan that subsequently are receiving replacement EGR valves are being told that it has been carried out under “good will “, by VWCV,
clearly some dealers don’t think it’s covered under the All in, yet others may, depending on what the issue is ! Or Until you actually have a fault ?

I would be interested to hear if others have any experience with Dealer / VWCV responses to this Or indeed any other “Grey areas “ with the All in plan ?
I suspect if vermin have chewed it, it wouldn’t be covered as it’s been damaged rather than failed.
That happened to my NOx sensor (£750 not covered under warranty)

So an update of sorts:

Might it be that you can have a pure mechanical or electrical fault of the EGR but also a failure due to carbon/soot build up due to driving style, low milage/short trips.
The former would be covered and the latter not.
Most failures on commercially used vehicles would probably be the former. But low milage vehicles might be the latter?

Back