Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Excited and anxious at the same time ......

Seaview

Seaview

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Well mainly excited but thought it was about time I said hello officially as this forum has been a great resource on our journey to Cali ownership and we finally get to collect her tomorrow.

The slight anxiousness stems from a couple of misfortunes we have had getting here. We have previously owned a couple of Eriba Trolls but towards the end of the season last year we had decided to sell our Troll 550 and buy a campervan. As luck would have it we didn't get a chance to sell as storm Frank rolled in, a local river burst its bank, flooded the indoor storage facility where we over-wintered our Eriba and sadly she was written off as the water level went up to the windows. Anyway, the CC&C dealt with our claim, they were great and we got paid out in full.

After some camper research we decided to buy a late VW Westie Exclusive Cali from a dealer but to cut a long story short the engine failed 3.5 hrs into our journey home and it had to be low loaded back to the dealer and we had to catch a train, bus and car home etc. Both myself and the dealer decided that it would be best if he took the Westie back and we were back to having no camper.

We then decided that an older vehicle may not be for us right now and went looking for a T5 as we wanted to use it this summer and we found one about 3 weeks ago at a motorhome dealership. It's been into Lookers VW for a healthcheck and they have said its perfect so hopefully tomorrow will go well. Oh and we did hire a T5 for a week at Easter to try before we bought which I'd highly recommend.

So that's my official hello and apologies for the long ramble :)

Well,

You finally found us, your cali and the road to enlightened happiness :D

Welcome to this great forum and your great vehicle.

Welcome. Sorry to hear about the loss of your original Eriba. Glad you had a good experience with C&CC . But you're sorted now so your new adventure can begin.

Thanks, only one more sleep and fingers crossed our Cali will be coming home and we can't wait to use her.

Welcome! Hope you bought the Right Colour (there must be a forum thread on that somewhere but I've lost the will to search). :rolleyes:

Seriously though, many happy T5-ing miles.

Welcome. Will be sorting out insurance soon so as they say you find out how good your insurance is when you claim.

Mike

Insurance sorted out yesterday and this time I've gone with Comfort as one of the recommended insurers on here. They came in £70 under an alternative quote and I'm fine with the infamous 36 hour rule. One good thing is that they do not factor in NCD so I've been able to keep that on my Golf for now and still get a good quote on the Cali so all is well.

Last edited:
Ooh how exciting for you! We pick ours up on Monday from lookers :)

We made it and she is sitting safely out on the drive. It's been a long day so we're sitting here in our PJ's already with a celebratory glass of bubbly

How exciting - are you going to Lookers in Newcastle as we were there today and saw a T6 out the back.

We made it and she is sitting safely out on the drive. It's been a long day so we're sitting here in our PJ's already with a celebratory glass of bubbly
congrats @Seaview now enjoy, and pls take 5mins to get us all some pics of the new Cali to view tomorrow.

Excellent!

Bubbly! It's what the Cali fridge is made for!

I trust you are in the van not in the house :shocked

I mean.... you must be..... silly question.... you are sat in it aren't you???

Does popping over to the window to have another look every few minutes count :thumb

Hi and welcome , did you collect your Cali today?
You could come to the meet in Tewksbury as a visitor...

We would have loved to but as we live in NE Scotland its a long way and we've had an 8 hr return journey to pick the Cali up today, maybe next time.

Congratulation Seaview and good luck Lanny

Mike

How exciting - are you going to Lookers in Newcastle as we were there today and saw a T6 out the back.
It could have been your van that I saw at Lookers last weekend when I was there. If it was, nice van.

We would have loved to but as we live in NE Scotland its a long way and we've had an 8 hr return journey to pick the Cali up today, maybe next time.
Well done from another NE Scotland resident.
You just missed the meet in Fort William, so hopefully we'll see you at the next one.
Good luck & enjoy :)