Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Done it at last

S

Supergran

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
We have always wanted a camper van, and we have eventually taken the plunge. We take delivery of our new silver Cali on Wednesday. I can't believe that we have at last done it. We left it until we have reached the age when we should be slowing down. Instead we have decided to become Old Age Travellers and go for it I still can't believe that we paid more for our Cali than we did for the house we live in We are getting excited and a bit nervous. Reading the forum and finding it very useful. Any advice welcome?

Welcome Supergran, looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome Supergran, there is a wealth of advice and topics on this forum, become a VIP member for a tenner, bargain. :thumb

We have always wanted a camper van, and we have eventually taken the plunge. We take delivery of our new silver Cali on Wednesday. I can't believe that we have at last done it. We left it until we have reached the age when we should be slowing down. Instead we have decided to become Old Age Travellers and go for it I still can't believe that we paid more for our Cali than we did for the house we live in We are getting excited and a bit nervous. Reading the forum and finding it very useful. Any advice welcome?

Yes, a big bit of advice.

Hide the pension book.

Having a Cali will take years off you, so many that people if they saw the pension book would think that you nicked it :shocked

You will not regret going for it, you might just have a twinge of regret that you never did it earlier but then, us Grans are far too busy to look backwards, we have the whole of our lives ahead of us :shocked

Party and have fun!

Welcome! You're going to love every minute :)

Welcome. is that highclere near Newbury ?

Welcome , we got GrannyJen and now Supergran!

Yes there's a few grans & grandpas on here, welcome to the fold :thumb

Thank you for your replies, we can't wait to get going. Think we might spend the first night in the drive. Friday, weekend 2 night trip planned, nothing too adventurous! Will try sleeping 'on top deck' first night using duvet, then decide duvet, v sleeping bag, v duvalay. We have bought a comfort mattress, hope we haven't wasted our money.

Forgot to add, yes we are Highclere near Newbury. known to Americans as Downton Abbey country!

Welcome Supergran,
Good luck with your new Cali.
Your house price comparison is a bit of a sobering thought but you are in good company as we too and I suspect many other owners have paid more for our Calis than our houses originally cost. In fact, it is the most expensive thing we have ever bought, but who cares, you can't take it with you.
Nanny noo noo and Grandpops

Last edited: