Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dsg advise

A

Anonymous

Guest User
Hi all I'm looking at buying a 180 dsg vw karmann motorhome,we have been cali owners now for 4 years and the mrs is talking into going for a bigger van.I have my eye on a karmann I'n Germany but worried about the fact it's a dsg,I have always had a manual but this is a big motorhome so think it may be a good move buying a dsg.just I have my worries about things goin wrong.and also I have read they can be tricky I'n tight spaces due to surges when you tuch the gas pedal,???.if this is the case putting it on my fiamma leveling chocks would be a nightmare,this is just what I have read about on the net.can owners of dsg and people who have owned dsg pls give me some honest advise.I don't want to sell my pride and joy cali to be honest but with a young family and a dog it would make holidays I'n the winter easyer!.after a week I'n the rain I'n Cornwall I can see the benefits of having more space.

I thought there was people on here that owned dsg t5s.???
I must be wrong??

DSG is superb. I have done 45000 miles in last 2 years mostly around Europe in a variety of terrain.

NO power surges at all. So pleased I got it as had never driven a vehicle without a third pedal before.

I live my DSG. You do loose perhaps a tiny bit of fine control which you will only ever really notice when driving into levelling blocks. That said, you very soon change your technique and I really don't find it an issue.

Thanks that's very helpfull.only ever driven a manual so good advise from the people that own/or have owned them makes a big difference cheers again