Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driving up onto chocks…

J

Joncali2023!!

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
What’s everyone’s technique on using chocks?
I’ve been driving onto them, placing the DSG into PARK And putting handbrake on.
But noticed when I release the handbrake to spin my chair the vehicle moves and rests in PARK.
The next day when trying to put the DSG into drive there is a clunk . Presume the vehicles been resting on the PARK gear all night . (Handbrake is also on)
This must harm the gearbox?
How do you all do it ?

What’s everyone’s technique on using chocks?
I’ve been driving onto them, placing the DSG into PARK And putting handbrake on.
But noticed when I release the handbrake to spin my chair the vehicle moves and rests in PARK.
The next day when trying to put the DSG into drive there is a clunk . Presume the vehicles been resting on the PARK gear all night . (Handbrake is also on)
This must harm the gearbox?
How do you all do it ?
See Page 22 on linked document which shows how the DSG parking function works.

Attachments

• SSP_308.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 6
Put selector in P. Get the chair into the spin position and rotate until it hits the handbrake whilst standing outside with the driver’s door open. Then put your foot on the foot brake and release the handbrake to finish the rotation. Then apply the handbrake by leaning across or asking a passenger.

I have these

They work well but parking and unparking are a two stage operation. Only worth it if you have a certain OCD.

As a non- mechanical individual that means nothing to me.
If your vehicle rolls back when you release the handbrake it means that the Parking Brake P was not fully engaged, the Locking pawl was between slots.
Drive onto chocks, stop with footbrake, engage P, release footbrake, engage handbrake. The vehicle may roll slightly when releasing footbrake as the Parking lock engages. When later releasing handbrake to turn seat it shouldn't move as the Parking P system is properly engaged.

Back