Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dizzy from Luxembourg

John the Blind

John the Blind

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
God day all.
I am from Luxembourg. Possibly the first on the forum from here?

We recently got a 2011 VW California. Signing up for this site I had to choose a vehicle but there was none in the list that seems to fit it.
Probably there is different denominations in the UK for them and as this is a UK based site they do not match? On my Vehicle registration card it simply sais California with body type SA.

I will attach a picture. I only have one at the moment. It has the build in kitchen and toe pop up roof tent. We call it Dizzy, because of its license plate :)

Anyway, looking forward to discover the California in detail. I already learned a bunch of stuff browsing through this forum.

Dizzy.JPG

Hi and welcome! Love your van! Nice color! Ours is a 2011 as well! :) And nice to have someone from Luxembourg on the forums. Although perhaps there already are a few? I believe you 'should' pick 'T5 SE' from the list. SE is basically the UK-version of what in mainland Europe is called the 'Comfortline'. Although I believe they're not exactly the same, I believe they are basically the same vehicle with small changes due to it being different markets. Anyways, welcome!

:welcome Hope you are managing to get some camping trips over the summer.

hello to any Luxembourg cali owners! My best friend is very likely going to by my california Coast, and he lives in Luxembourg, so he will be importing it from Belgium. Any hints or tips welcome! (quite hard to find information about it). Here in Belgium registration and road tax rates are very low for camper vans - is that the same in Luxembourg? thanks!

hello to any Luxembourg cali owners! My best friend is very likely going to by my california Coast, and he lives in Luxembourg, so he will be importing it from Belgium. Any hints or tips welcome! (quite hard to find information about it). Here in Belgium registration and road tax rates are very low for camper vans - is that the same in Luxembourg? thanks!
Importing to Luxembourg is not difficult, but there is some admin involved. Check out Guichet.lu for details. Registration is not expensive, but it will need to go through Sandweiler for control technique. Road tax depends on the emissions - for reference, my T6.1 199 HP costs 237 Euro per year, and this does not change year on year. Make sure you have clear details of ownership and a bill of sale for the registration - I have heard of people having problems with importing from the uk, since the uk ‘registered keeper’ document does not state who owns the vehicle, and they don’t accept this!! Should not be a problem from Belgium though.

Thanks so much for this!! Very helpful!

Importing to Luxembourg is not difficult, but there is some admin involved. Check out Guichet.lu for details. Registration is not expensive, but it will need to go through Sandweiler for control technique. Road tax depends on the emissions - for reference, my T6.1 199 HP costs 237 Euro per year, and this does not change year on year. Make sure you have clear details of ownership and a bill of sale for the registration - I have heard of people having problems with importing from the uk, since the uk ‘registered keeper’ document does not state who owns the vehicle, and they don’t accept this!! Should not be a problem from Belgium though.
Same road tax cost for a Wohnmobil in Germany. About a third the cost regular diesel ICE. I guess its because the authorities assume it won't be used as a daily driver.

Thanks so much for this!! Very helpful!
I bought my Cali in Germany and imported it to Luxembourg last year, really easy, the Control Technique from Germany (which lasted for 2 years there) is valid for a year in Luxembourg

My road tax is about the same as Rololux mentions

Before giving up and buying the Cali I had tried to import my converted Renault Trafic from the UK. Big no, no. The rear seats were M1 tested (on a VW) but they needed TUV certification which is much tougher. Had no option in the end but to take back to UK to sell. It seems that as long as seats have a seat belt you can pass the MOT in the UK but in Luxembourg/Germany they actually want to know it's safe, doesn't seem like a bad thing! It does kill the conversion market though....