Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Luxembourg Brit on board!

M

morganrue

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello all! We bought our T6 Beach two months ago- and this forum was a great help! I wish I'd read more carefully, however, because I turned down the LED option and now have H4 lights worse than my 1960's motorcycle :-(.
Following any threads with a credible solution- even th enightmare solution of factory LED retro-fits- aaarghhh.
Regards from Luxembourg where we live, M.

Welcome here! Share some pics of your van and/or in action!
Happy camping!

Hi,
We found the same problem when we bought our Coast in 2018, should have ticked the LED box.
The standard headlight are useless.
We bought some DRLs headlights (LHD) with H7 bulbs from "Transporter HQ" (Free Fitting
) maybe not as good as LEDs but much better than the H4 bulbed original headligts.
The headlights cost us 350£, so were a lot cheaper than the OE LEDs.

Hello all! We bought our T6 Beach two months ago- and this forum was a great help! I wish I'd read more carefully, however, because I turned down the LED option and now have H4 lights worse than my 1960's motorcycle :-(.
Following any threads with a credible solution- even th enightmare solution of factory LED retro-fits- aaarghhh.
I just leave my low level spot lights on at night, lights up the road just fine.

Hi,
I can only agree with you as I made a similar choice when it came to the lights. After reading many threads since my purchase I decided on the route of improving the bulbs. (H7)
Not as good but a lot better than stock.
I chose Philips bulbs with a 50% better output. There were stronger ones in the range but further reading told me the life expectancy is shorter.
Total cost for 4 bulbs £32 in the sales.

:welcome Morganrue

Congrats on the Van, super nice :bananadance2

Shame about the light, having had a T5.1 with H4’s I understand your issue with the lights. The Phillips 50% Brighter light bulbs do make an improvement.

Failing that stick with the old fashioned way to see in the dark, hehe

BCBCCAAF-9B74-45AA-AB27-CC309250C753.jpeg