Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Confirmed build week!

don't worry, you're not going mad, my profile was wrong but I went in and changed it, here's the spec taken from my order confirmation, colour was a big discussion point in our house, we originally went with yellow and then changed after my wife and kids saw a white T5 on the road. Current idea is to get it wrapped with some funky graphics but think we'll play it by ear... (three daughters and a wife, I just do as I'm told!)

1. Standard Paint Finish - Candy White £ 2. Awning - Black (£330), Tow Bar - Detachable (£480) £ 810.00 3. 2 Additional Seats (£600) Three Seat Bench (£0) £ 600.00 4. 17" Cascavel Black/Silver Alloys £ 875.00 5. Composition Media Radio (£330), App Connect (£120) £ 450.00 6. Parking Sensors F & R (£350) Heated Seats (£230) £ 580.00 7. Comfort Mattress (£195), Front Fog Lights (£265) £ 460.00 8. Multi-Function Steering Wheel £ 275.00

Nice spec. I quite liked the yellow or the white but my wife doesn't like the white so that made i easier to choose. Wish they did other flat colours too. There's a moody blue colour on the newer beetles that would look incredible on the t6.

Another confirmed order. We paid the deposit last Thursday. I checked with dealer today and apparently the computer says VW will start to build our Cherry Red VW Ocean 4MT in the first week of January. Allowing for unexpected delays I suspect it it will arrive in February

:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance

After reading about all you guys ordering after me and already getting build weeks, I am now quite relieved to have just received my provisional build week. :)

Week 2, meaning delivery in mid Feb.

Woohoo! :happy Can't wait :D

:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance

After reading about all you guys ordering after me and already getting build weeks, I am now quite relieved to have just received my provisional build week. :)

Week 2, meaning delivery in mid Feb.

Woohoo! :happy Can't wait :D
Great News!

think we'll get it as soon as its available unless it slips to being a couple of weeks within the March 1st plate change.

This is the first California for us, does my profile say we have an SE? we're coming from an S-max so quite a change!!
Snap - im going from an SMAX to a 150 Beach - prov order week 50 - i too looking to register 1/3/16 .... looking to tour Italy for 3 weeks in the summer, picking up the MAXXCAMP kit en route

Snap - im going from an SMAX to a 150 Beach - prov order week 50 - i too looking to register 1/3/16 .... looking to tour Italy for 3 weeks in the summer, picking up the MAXXCAMP kit en route
Looks like we'll have twin yellow beach's registered on march 1st! It's going to be the hardest when it's sitting at the dealers waiting!

Congrats to all who are in the build queue!!!

Also had confirmation of week 50 build for my Ocean which is brilliant. I have had this crazy idea which I cant get out of my head. It is to take my gleaming new van on 1st March and have it covered for my kids in 'Scooby Doo' Mystery Machine vinyl transfers. Found a company in the UK that makes them. From what I have read I don't think they damage the paintwork and can be removed at a later date if selling the van and the buyer doesn't have the same enthusiasm for Fred, Wilma and Shaggy. Is this crazy with any obvious downsides???

Congrats to all who are in the build queue!!!

Also had confirmation of week 50 build for my Ocean which is brilliant. I have had this crazy idea which I cant get out of my head. It is to take my gleaming new van on 1st March and have it covered for my kids in 'Scooby Doo' Mystery Machine vinyl transfers. Found a company in the UK that makes them. From what I have read I don't think they damage the paintwork and can be removed at a later date if selling the van and the buyer doesn't have the same enthusiasm for Fred, Wilma and Shaggy. Is this crazy with any obvious downsides???
No

I'm interested in having a vinyl transfer made for our Cali, could you post the contact details of the company you mention. Cheers

Company is called hippymotors.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got an email from the dealer to tell me my build has moved from week 50 to week 47.
Nice. :)
I'm genuinely not trying to stir things, but build dates earlier than anyone expected, then those dates are dragged forward by 3 weeks and a special edition launched before the first standard models are delivered.... All wouldn't point to demand being higher than they expected

I'm genuinely not trying to stir things, but build dates earlier than anyone expected, then those dates are dragged forward by 3 weeks and a special edition launched before the first standard models are delivered.... All wouldn't point to demand being higher than they expected
You may be right about the demand not being as high but that doesn't bother me much.

As I said. I'm not stiring things. It may be that vw held back a block of the schedule for RHD production. At one stage it was feared that all RHD's would be behind all the LHD orders that were 'allowed' before UK ordering opened.
I just think it's interesting from a product launch management perspective.

As I said. I'm not stiring things. It may be that vw held back a block of the schedule for RHD production. At one stage it was feared that all RHD's would be behind all the LHD orders that were 'allowed' before UK ordering opened.
I just think it's interesting from a product launch management perspective.
i know you're not stirring. I suppose all I was saying is that it doesn't affect me much. The 8% discount I achieved means it won't be easily beaten in the future. Once t6 has been out for a while it'll shift to 9-10% max probably. Happy to have paid out slightly more now for the first batch through.
VW moves in mysterious ways. I've given up trying to work out what they are doing with this shambolic release of the T6!

Looking forward to seeing the special edition spec and prices, seems odd they have launched a special edition so close to the original launch.

The first face-lift T5's have been brilliant investments! Not that the last pre-facelifts have done badly! Hopefully T6's will follow suit and keep the value of my geriatric van up.

The first face-lift T5's have been brilliant investments! Not that the last pre-facelifts have done badly! Hopefully T6's will follow suit and keep the value of my geriatric van up.

What if they do bring the petrol to the UK? I think that would cause problems on resale of T6 Cali's. I would personally choose petrol over diesel if I was buying.

What if they do bring the petrol to the UK? I think that would cause problems on resale of T6 Cali's. I would personally choose petrol over diesel if I was buying.
I think there would still be better MPG with a diesel though over a petrol?

I think there would still be better MPG with a diesel though over a petrol?

From the German site:
For an Ocean with 4-Motion and DSG:
Diesel (150kW) 41.5 MPG
Petrol (150kW) 29.4 MPG​

Plus the tax will be higher as the CO2 emissions are higher
CO2: 177 g/km vs 219 g/km
TAX First Year £350 vs £640
Subsequent Years £225 vs £290​

From the German site:
For an Ocean with 4-Motion and DSG:
Diesel (150kW) 41.5 MPG
Petrol (150kW) 29.4 MPG​

Plus the tax will be higher as the CO2 emissions are higher
CO2: 177 g/km vs 219 g/km
TAX First Year £350 vs £640
Subsequent Years £225 vs £290​
Yes but usually the cost price of a petrol engined vehicle is significantly less than diesel. On the top range Cal it looks like about £2,500. Like anything it comes down to personal preference and in particular mileage, but if I was in the market for a brand new Cali and petrol version was available in the UK I would certainly consider it very carefully

Marshian I think you raise an interesting point on petrol. I believe that VW will bring the petrol engine to the UK and is a timing issue. At least that's what one of the VW dealerships told me last month. They expect this on the Caddy soon. Fuel economy is certainly a consideration. I would expect the 'real world' performance of the petrol to be 23-25 which is thirsty indeed. Diesel engines typically have a longer life cycle due to their relative simplicity which if you want to keep the vehicle long term is a consideration. Buying a petrol van with 80k plus on the clock would be a significant consideration which may effect residuals. My view is I'm not buying as an investment or I would leave the cash where it is. Spend. Drive. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update... email from dealer today... My Cali Ocean is built awaiting ferry to deliver to Grimsby Dock... he anticipates delivery to me later this month..... :):):)

Back