Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Build confirmed for week 3!

mylifeinpixels

mylifeinpixels

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We just got a confirmed build of week 3, so I thought it was high time we (that's my wife & I) formally said hello.

Our Cali will be a T6 Ocean 204 DSG 4Motion in Candy White.
cali_white.png
It's come through incredibly fast: we only ordered on 15th November and 4 weeks later we have a confirmed build for wk3 (9 weeks from order to start of build!). SMG reckon that build will take 5 weeks and delivery another 4, so with a pinch of luck it might just get registered before the VED increase :Nailbiting

We weren’t expecting it before June, so time to get cracking and plan in a few more trips...

For the record, the full option list is:
Alcantara
Black awning (helps avoid the "white van" look)
Lights & Vision Pack
Towbar (removable)
Heavy-duty anti-roll bars
Laminated glass pack in cab (Z2C)
Heated front windscreen
Adaptive Cruise Control + Side Scan
Multi function sports steering wheel
Front and rear park sensors + rear camera
4 remote folding keys
Composition Media with 6.33" touch-screen + App Connect
Storage net (for the extra drawer)

So far as the candy white goes, we see that as a good blank palette. We'll almost certainly add some decals after delivery - the black wrap for the B pillar is already ordered from the forum shop (Christmas pressie!). We may wrap the lower half at some point (watching those threads with interest!) - we'll get to know her first though.

Huge thanks go out to all you posters on the forums, this place has been an invaluable source of knowledge as we’ve tried to understand the options and work out what we really wanted. We’re looking forward to getting our Cali and starting to contribute a bit more on here.
:thanks

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

And an Adventurous New Year. :cheers

Heeyyy - get line line (pesky queue jumpers!)

Wishing you happy adventures in your new investment.

Great stuff , it looks to be a HAPPY NEWYEAR ....

Hi, welcome but as has already been said - Hey get in line!! ;) I'm waiting since August - No confirmed build date yet. :( I am so trying to stay positive :thumb

Happy New Adventure

JB

We just got a confirmed build of week 3, so I thought it was high time we (that's my wife & I) formally said hello.

View attachment 18088
It's come through incredibly fast: we only ordered on 15th November and 4 weeks later we have a confirmed build for wk3 (9 weeks from order to start of build!). SMG reckon that build will take 5 weeks and delivery another 4, so with a pinch of luck it might just get registered before the VED increase :Nailbiting

We weren’t expecting it before June, so time to get cracking and plan in a few more trips...

Alcantara
Lights & Vision Pack
Towbar (removable)
Heated front windscreen
4 remote folding keys

So far as the candy white goes, we see that as a good blank palette. We'll almost certainly add some decals after delivery - the black wrap for the B pillar is already ordered from the forum shop (Christmas pressie!). We may wrap the lower half at some point (watching those threads with interest!) - we'll get to know her first though.

Huge thanks go out to all you posters on the forums, this place has been an invaluable source of knowledge as we’ve tried to understand the options and work out what we really wanted. We’re looking forward to getting our Cali and starting to contribute a bit more on here.
Good news and Good luck.

We bought the chrome pack, contains chrome and black B pillar, we were thinking of adding some decals on the side to break it up but now have decided against it. It looks fab as it is.

Hi, welcome but as has already been said - Hey get in line!! ;) I'm waiting since August - No confirmed build date yet. :( I am so trying to stay positive :thumb

Yeh, I do honestly feel bad about that. Caught somewhere between excited that we might have a Cali for Easter and guilty that we may whilst others that ordered way before us may not. Sorry :-(

Like everyone else, I wish that the VW ordering system had some element of predictability or logic to it. If I knew what we'd done I'd happily share the tips...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 18088

Alcantara
Lights & Vision Pack
Towbar (removable)
Heated front windscreen
4 remote folding keys

That's great news!
Do they really think build will be 5 weeks!? Sounds like a very looong build. I think you'll get it a little sooner than 9 weeks after the start of week 3.

How long did it take to delivery?

Our van was available for collection from the dealer at the start of March (2017), 6 weeks on from the build week.

Some people seem to have been a lot quicker than this, others slower. Delivery time seems to depend on VW having enough Cali’s at port to be worth shipping, customs queues at UK ports, VW getting the vans to dealers, dealers having bandwidth for final checks etc...

Back