Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Confirmed build for next week

Mr & Mrs B

Mr & Mrs B

One Life, Live It
Vehicle
Cali now sold
We ordered Cali on 19 October and were given a provisional build of Week 11, this became provisional for Week 10 and it's now been confirmed that Cali will be built next week. It's an extra special week for us as we celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary on Tuesday so this will be a fabulous present for us. Getting very excited now!

Try not to have too many sleepless nights as the excitement builds! :)

oh how exciting! I bet these last few weeks are going to go slowly!

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Congratulations.

Congratulations! Exciting indeed - we are also confirmed for build week 10.

Also cherry red! Week 12 build. Heart growing fonder!

This week is also our build week, ordered mid September. Seems to have taken an age to get this far, but with something happening at last excitement is now growing! :)

Hello, I read your posts carefully because my california beach is currently being manufactured. Do you know how long a vw california is made? Thank you !!!

Not yet but hope to find out soon.

Based on what I have read here recently it sounds possible that they can be finished by the end of the build week, in the UK by the end of the third week and at the dealer by the fourth week. Although that's very approximate and it can clearly take longer in some cases.

Hi, I heard about 3 days assembly for a california, but could not verify this information. As for the delivery, it is very variable I think, but 15 days minimum seems to me necessary.

It's getting nearer - what have you ordered?
We've ordered Acapulco Blue 150 manual. With regard to build time, our dealer said it would be built within the week (obviously depends when they start within that week). He's also rather optimistic that it would be in the UK by the end of the month. Although this would escape the VED we don't have all of our money until the end of April - so we're still working on that one!

We've ordered Acapulco Blue 150 manual. With regard to build time, our dealer said it would be built within the week (obviously depends when they start within that week). He's also rather optimistic that it would be in the UK by the end of the month.

Have you ordered an Ocean or a Beach? We have also ordered Acapulco Blue 150 manual, a 7 seater Beach. Our dealer has estimated we have a 50-50 chance of it being in the UK before end of March. Crossing all fingers....

We've ordered an Ocean - just waiting for more info from our dealer about delivery into the UK.

We called VW on Friday, told that our Cali will be still be in build status this week - obviously variable how long it can take. My guess is that it is also affected by the point during the week that they actually go onto the production line. March arrival in the UK looking less likely with each week that passes...ho hum, just need to focus on enjoying our Cali when it arrives...! :)

Today I went to see my dealer. He gave me the details of the manufacture of my VW California beach:
Start construction chassis 02/03/17 14:27
End construction chassis 03/03/17 08:42
Start painting 03/03/17 08:46
Fine painting 04/03/17 09:26
Debut assembly 04/03/17 10:47
End assembly assembly 08/03/17 01:41
Quality control 09/03/17 05:35
Expedition departing factory 09/03/17 19:34
Arrival on park 10/03/17 15:11

It takes 6/7 days to make a California !!!
Delivery under 15 days, I'm impatient!

Last edited:
We were a week 9 build and our Cali is now in the U.K. so there's still hope for those of you on a week 10 build wanting to get in before the VED hike. I believe (from dealer and reading on here) that vehicles can be registered as long as they are on UK soil.

We were a week 9 build and our Cali is now in the U.K. so there's still hope for those of you on a week 10 build wanting to get in before the VED hike. I believe (from dealer and reading on here) that vehicles can be registered as long as they are on UK soil.
I bet you're getting excited now your Cali is in this country! Our dealer is still optimistic for ours to arrive next week - fingers are still very firmly crossed!

I bet you're getting excited now your Cali is in this country! Our dealer is still optimistic for ours to arrive next week - fingers are still very firmly crossed!

Just a bit! (though don't think we'll quite believe it until it's actually on our drive ). It's been a long six months. Fingers crossed for you too.

In response to my enquiry laat week my dealer told me quite categorically that my Cali (build week 10) would not be here before the end of March. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's wrong!

Ours (also week 10) is now confirmed as built and in transit today. Our dealer is still positive about our pre-April chances and chasing daily. Other posts show that some week 10s have already landed..... Hope yours arrives

In response to my enquiry laat week my dealer told me quite categorically that my Cali (build week 10) would not be here before the end of March. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's wrong!

Hi All - Our Beach was week 3 then 4,5,6,7,8,9 eventually was going to be week 10 and would not change - then guess what week 11. I have been more than a bit annoyed about this and have posted on the topic before...

Anyway light at the end of the tunnel - it was built last week and has left the factory already. I am not sure if it will get here in time fingers crossed. Defo. get your dealer onside with registering as soon as it hits UK soil. I was told by our dealer they can send over the exact build to make sure all is ok and if we are happy they will register. I know I would rather see in the flesh first, however, I am going to take the risk it is ok to save the tax.

Dealer happy to register without us paying first too which is good.

Having ordered ours back in September and been given a week 11 build we resigned ourselvelves to the fact that we were going to miss the end of March cut off date and have to pay the new VED tax from April 1st.

STOP PRESS........

Got an email today to say that not only has it been built but it is sitting on UK soil awaiting registration and delivery to our dealer. Talk about cutting it fine..

Needless to say we are both delighted and can't wait to drive down to Preston and collect our first Cali.

I understood from my discussions with our dealer that Germany are aware of the impending deadline and are doing their best to deliver in good time.

Fingers crossed for everyone else and hope your order was on the same boat.

For information our order was for a Ocean 204DSG 4 motion, Indium grey

Back