Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clubs - worth joining?

L

logyk

VIP Member
Picking my new Cali up on Thursday :bananadance

Just wondering whether members of the forum have joined Camping/Caravan Clubs in this country and if so which one?

Are the benefits worth the membership fees ?

Are the sites on which discounts are given generally good quality sites in your experience ?

I am expecting to do a mix of site and wild camping.

Any views welcome.

After years of being with the Caravan Club, mainly for the insurance, we've moved to the Camping & Caravan club. Their iPhone app is really pretty good, they run the Forestry Commission sites and have a broader interest group base which actually includes campervans - which the CC does not. I found the Caravan Club main sites a bit like suburbia but each to his own. The CLs (Certified Locations for up to 5 or 6 pitches) are worth their weight in gold, though.

Enjoy your new Cali! :)

We joined both earlier this year but will not be renewing the Caravan Club membership - the only CC site we've visited was expensive and seemed to be peopled by "caravan anoraks" keen to show off their monstrosities and the added gadgets. The club itself wants us to complain about forthcoming caravan MoTs - about time they had them, the rest of us have to have MoTs - and pay road tax. Sorry, caravan types get me going... :evil:

We like the C&CC and will be staying. Been to a few good sites this year.

GeoffB said:
We joined both earlier this year but will not be renewing the Caravan Club membership - the only CC site we've visited was expensive and seemed to be peopled by "caravan anoraks" keen to show off their monstrosities and the added gadgets. The club itself wants us to complain about forthcoming caravan MoTs - about time they had them, the rest of us have to have MoTs - and pay road tax. Sorry, caravan types get me going... :evil:

We like the C&CC and will be staying. Been to a few good sites this year.

Totally agree with you Geoff :thumb :thumb

Agree with the caravan MOTs; read some rubbish in the Caravan Club magazine using numbers and percentages in terms of accident rates to defend the caravan safety record. I think the only support they'll get is from caravan owners! I am fed up of seeing caravans with wheels missing on the side of the roads! May be a proper MOT will help address those who do no maintenance and just expect to tow it out each year!

Apologies to all the responsible caravan owners of whom there are doubtless many.

Campervan owner rant over!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD