Ocean Spirit

Ocean Spirit

Eating Ice Cream, skimming stones.
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Thanks for posts 17 to 20 :thumb

And I never thought about fishing ...why would I? anybody would think its by the sea or something.:headbang

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Thanks for posts 17 to 20 :thumb

And I never thought about fishing ...why would I? anybody would think its by the sea or something.:headbang

I was not fishing, I replied to the wrong post.

I was pursuing an activity similar to which you propose except in my case it's a plodding, wheezing progress a little bit quicker than a geriatric snail.

You wouldn't be considering the Purbeck 10k by any chance?

They call the course "undulating" ..... I've met less undulations mountaineering than I met on that bloody course :shocked

Ocean Spirit

Ocean Spirit

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I was not fishing, I replied to the wrong post.

I was pursuing an activity similar to which you propose except in my case it's a plodding, wheezing progress a little bit quicker than a geriatric snail.

You wouldn't be considering the Purbeck 10k by any chance?

They call the course "undulating" ..... I've met less undulations mountaineering than I met on that bloody course :shocked
I did wonder given your running interest......
Yes I walked some of that a while ago and that was a struggle on some hills.:talktothehand

Purbeck 10? I'll look it up.

Ocean Spirit

Ocean Spirit

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
@GrannyJen
This one?
the-purbeck-6
I looked at the 16 but reading the description (Hard) I'd be quite happy to do 10k.
A bit early for any commitment yet though. Are you signed up?

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
@GrannyJen
This one?
the-purbeck-6
I looked at the 16 but reading the description (Hard) I'd be quite happy to do 10k.
A bit early for any commitment yet though. Are you signed up?

I could be. Still trying to sort my diary out and at present in limbo awaiting results of more heart tests.

Still chewed up over having to withdraw from London, Berlin and Bournemouth marathons :( But then born with a heart defect that is now only making it's miserable self felt at the age of 72 I feel stupidly, incredibly privileged and gifted to be able to run any distance.

Ocean Spirit

Ocean Spirit

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I feel stupidly, incredibly privileged and gifted to be able to run any distance.
I think we should all be grateful.
A friend of mine who was far more athletic in childhood than I was, has life limiting health issues where he is dependant on staying fit enough to withstand a heart and kidney transplant, should the opportunity arise.
He is younger than I am and I love him dearly. Whenever I'm down about my legs giving in over a distance this puts it all back in perspective. It's brilliant what you do!