Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ACSI - worth joining

G

gatvol

A few folk on the forum have raised ACSI before, which is like a camping club.

We have just returned from three weeks in Europe and found it excellent value. Joining is cheap at £16 per year. It gets you significant discounts when travelling out of season. We stayed in 4 and 5 star sites in France for as little as 14 Euros a night.

10% off seemed to be a minimum, but we often got much more. We have even secured discounts in the UK using this card.

you receive a small book of maps and two books of sites that cover all of Europe. There is a brief description on every member site and its amenities are listed. We used this extensively on our trip and as the book has latitude and longitude for each site - so it was a doddle to find the sites using our Tom Tom sat nav. Also it meant that we wasted no time trying to find sites, looking on the internet for them, going to tourist information etc etc - and were able to go to ones with features we were after like indoor pools, gyms .....

What he said ... ^^^^^^^^

My indispensable companions:

ACSI Guide
All the Aires .. every edition
Britstops

Add the Bord Atlas to your collection if you are hitting Germany.

ACSI was fine and we'd use it again, but all the sites in Germany we used charged the maximum they are allowed under the scheme. The sites/aires we used from the BA ranged from free to €16, averaging around €10 per night.

dan

Just returned from 4 weeks in Italy and Sicily, used ACSI sites there and back great value. Best site was La Timpo, Sicily, €16 a night including electric and wifi, with a fantastic sea view.

I buy the books from vicarious in folkstone, in fact just ordered 2015 edition

John

Off season, it's utterly brilliant. Even in season, the guidebooks are invaluable.
WELL worth it.

I find the book a bit hard work to browse, and their website is only slightly better.

Having said all that it is worth every penny - you can make your money back in 1 short trip.

T

Recently returned from a 20 night road trip,stayed at campsites in Luxembourg,Germany, 2 in Austria, Croatia, Italy and 4 in France. All ACSI and all gave a very good discount. The only campsite we visited that wasn't ACSI was Ulika Rovinj http://www.ulika-rovinj.com/ which was worth staying at for the onsite restaruant.
Oh, and we didn't pre book anywhere.
The ACSI id card also saved us from filling forms on most campsites and served as I.D (rather than handing over a passport).