California Reliability & Warranty on Beach

Kitesurfer

Kitesurfer

kitesurfer
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi All

Reading the thread on the General Section, Regarding the Quality & Reliability of the California.

Have any you guys got the same problems with the Beach, as the Beach to me is not as complex as the SE, to much to go wrong.

I am about to place my order for a new Beach, just hanging on until VW clarify that the new Beach comes with electric hookup.

There seems to be a lot of problems with the Quality & Reliability

Regards

Terry

As per the other thread there are a fair few more generic Transporter issues and then there's the galvanic corrosion of the roof which presumably will affect the Beach even though the roof is different. It is fair to say that as a simpler vehicle less can go wrong and the manual roof is probably the envy of many SE owners who fret about raising and lowering.

Ultimately the jury's as they're newer vehicles and there's less of them. I for one will be posting on here and looking for warnings for general Cali and Beach specific issues.

I've had no issues with my Beach other than things I have done myself - i don't think the California reliability is poor - that does kind of annoy me - when people say something on a forum and it is then passed around as gospel. It's a sample of vehicles - not the complete picture.

Same things as the full California for the things we do know about -:)

James

So I am very happy with my second beach.... I have had no issues in 5 months and 6500 miles. The first one VW accepted being 'rejected' because of problems with the paint being too thin and going flat. I did 6000 miles in that whilst I waited for the new one with no issues what so ever. It sounds bad but I am enormously happy with the beach and its quality (I had similar paint issues on an audi). One of the best automotive decsions I have made.

Steve.

Thank you
Ma77sc
James
SteveM

I was getting despondent reading all the negative threads.

You have cheered me up now & looking forward to being a Beach owner soon :D

Regards

Terry

1 year and 9000 miles into a new Beach and the only problem I've got is a slight rattle from the front passenger seat when it's empty. If I rotate it a few degrees from straight it stops so that's what I'm doing until the first service when I'll get it sorted (hopefully).

So - all good so far.

I'll add some substance - my 114 BMT is 1 year old (first 7 months as a demo - 50 miles, next 5 under my ownership about 5,500). Absolutely no technical issues so far, mileage is creeping up as the engine settles. I've done plenty of seat shuffling with the bench in every position and a spare seat and fridge in and out a fair bit.

Shortly after my previous post earlier today I had my first roof issue where the one of the canvas folder 'springs' across the short back end of the roof had managed to fold outward. Lucky for me it hasn't trapped in anything other than rubber so no canvas damage. I've straightened it out and will pay closer attention in the future (was probably getting about blase about dropping the roof so user error I suspect).

I'm well pleased so far.

Matt

Back