Beach owners second class citizens on the forum

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Kennycalifornia
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I'm feeling like an after thought on this forum.
Us Beach owners are almost at the bottom of the tab section on the main page. This probably doesn't help with getting more traffic through this part of the forum.

Mods

Could you not look at moving us directly under the:

General VW California Chat
General VW California Beach Chat
Beginners
Insurance

Cmon guys, one dream, one team :thumb

Ah but we have a full size bed and most full Cali owners will never knowhow comfortable it is.

:)

James

soulstyledevon said:
Us Beach owners are almost at the bottom of the tab section on the main page. This probably doesn't help with getting more traffic through this part of the forum.

Mods

Beginners
Insurance

I hope this is a joke?
If not, stop moaning and post something that others would benefit from reading!!

I like to think us early Beach owners have worked hard and worked hard to promote the Beach section.

If you search through it, apart from the recent changes, there's a buying guide formed from the posts which would make VW Blush.

As early Beach owners we bought a vehicle that was unknown, we weren't even sure if it had a leisure battery.

One thing I did was ask for the Beach section to be created and I think that was a good idea and it has continued to work well. And it has continued to work because people contribute. I certainly don't think Beach owners are second class citizens, in fact at meets we tend to be the object of curiosity and attention.

I take your point but the forum is geared up well and placing it in a different part of the forum is unlikely to make much difference, you just got to search around. This isn't the T4/T5 forum so it is pretty easy to navigate.

James

Exactly James.
A lot is contributed by Beach owners, but we are so far down the list I sometimes forget we are even on here...!!!

I'm sure for new peeps to, who may have bought a Beach and are looking for info. They don't come across our section for a while until they have navigated through the site. Which lets be honest seems to be getting bigger. Hence, why I feel we are getting lost in it all.

All I'm saying is move us up there next to our fellow SE brethren.

:help we are here :hello
:thanks

soulstyledevon said:
Exactly James.
A lot is contributed by Beach owners, but we are so far down the list I sometimes forget we are even on here...!!!

I'm sure for new peeps to, who may have bought a Beach and are looking for info. They don't come across our section for a while until they have navigated through the site. Which lets be honest seems to be getting bigger. Hence, why I feel we are getting lost in it all.

All I'm saying is move us up there next to our fellow SE brethren.

:help we are here :hello
:thanks

We don't go un noticed :)

James

Next there will be 4motion owners saying they have contributed more than DSG .....

Myself, I haven't got where I am today by having my posts after owners without reversing sensors!

Oh and those uncouth drivers with manual gear boxes ....... How last century!

I own a Sunny Yellow Beach and don't feel second class at all :smile I just get on here, get stuck in and contribute. I don't really notice what part of the forum I'm in most of the time as most of the the stuff is generic and it really doesn't matter what you own.

I've strayed into a few wrong areas, e.g. questioned T4 owners on their excessive consumption of methylated spirits, but was soon put right. It was not a substitute for Gin; their stoves run on it, which was new to me.

I've noticed more and more new Beaches being ordered on here and people contributing as they realise the Beach is flexible and an everyday vehicle to be used rather than sat on the drive.

Andy

This thread could turn ...lol

I love the " beach " edition as
Well as the "SE" edition of the California range :)

I have to admit I'm computer illiterate and if I can find the Cali Beach section on this forum anyone can :upsidedown

soulstyledevon said:

Mods

Beginners
Insurance

It is even worse with us: the Polyroof owners,
I strongly demand to be advertised on the main page of the forum, if I may, please.
In case this is not fulfilled I will paint my van with big red spots, as a protest. :thanks
:mrgreen: :bananadance

Get the paint ready :laugh2 :laugh2

On tapatalk the beach California beach model is under misc other models ... That's slightly sad ,as it is a full California in its own right ,as the SE and the beach are both California's ... ;-)

An SE.........is for the Alps.....full on.........

A Beach......is for the Sand....minimalist.....

Peter Mandelson has one...........

Attachments

• ScreenShot2013-12-02at203933_zps1f9e7d2d.png
    ScreenShot2013-12-02at203933_zps1f9e7d2d.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 0
Calikev said:
There is everybody happy now :thumb

Fair play buddy.
Hopefully us Beaches will get a bit more traffic through this section of the forum.
We are all here to help each other :cool

I must admit I do like the beach and it can only get better.

Come on you beach boys :thumb

G & H

Back