Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Roll Call

Yay - I can finally post in here!!
I collected mine last Friday and have since done a trip up to Suffolk, via the centre of London (it was great driving around Big Ben!) and lots of local school and gymnastics club runs...and officially loving it so far

So, spec as follows:
140 Bluemotion
Auto DSG
Natural grey
17" Thunder Alloys
Black Awning
3 Zone Climate
RNS315 DAB
Media-In for iPhone
Front Fogs
Electric Folding Mirrors
Premium Bluetooth
Privacy Glass (my only gripe so far)
3 Seat Rear Bench
2 additional seats
Cool/Warm box 32L
Bumper cover and Headlight protectors
Detachable tow bar

Plus I've bought my Khyam drive-away tent.
I'm going to be ordering some Jackyards seat covers I think, plus need to order my bike rack (a tow bar mounted, tipping back one) and a million and now small other bits and pieces...planning our first overnighter at a a local campsite just to try it all out for the night sometime in the early next year!

Just out of interest what is your 'gripe' with the privacy glass? I thought it would be more like the rear windows in my Passat unfortunately it isn't :?

it's just not what I'd call privacy glass….I actually think it's misleading that they call it privacy glass at all as it affords virtually none! My volvo tinted windows stopped anyone seeing in the back at all and meant that I could leave things in there without too much worry, but I really don't think I can in the van…
I'm actually tempted to put in a formal complaint to VW as I think its a cheek to make you pay for something which doesn't do what it says. And previous models were definitely darker...

maui2512 said:
it's just not what I'd call privacy glass….I actually think it's misleading that they call it privacy glass at all as it affords virtually none! My volvo tinted windows stopped anyone seeing in the back at all and meant that I could leave things in there without too much worry, but I really don't think I can in the van…
I'm actually tempted to put in a formal complaint to VW as I think its a cheek to make you pay for something which doesn't do what it says. And previous models were definitely darker...

Have a look at my Beach a few posts back. Is your glass as dark as that. I have no issue with the privacy glass on mine. Are you sure it is privacy glass? Mine's dark and you can't see in.

James

on the photo at the Valet place yours definitely looks darker but actually on some of the ones where the bright sky is behind, it does look similar

I've attached a not very good photo of mine…there is a lot of reflection so you can't really see so well, but you can definitely see the light seats through the glass, although you can see that the glass is definitely darker than the front windows.

photo.JPG

oh good grief…why do they always come in upside down...

James said:
Here's mine after a recent Valet

ScreenShot2013-10-24at203603_zps7f43744e.png

Hi James

is that standard window tint?? Or have you put extra on...

Attachments

• ScreenShot2013-10-24at203603_zps7f43744e.png
    ScreenShot2013-10-24at203603_zps7f43744e.png
    395.1 KB · Views: 0
It's standard tint - I don't think it's any different just the way the light falls on it.

I am going to get a picture close up to see if you can see the seats.

James

maybe it's just me being fussy...!

I guess it's all relative to what you're used to...I was used to very dark in my old car and so this feels very light to me!

Photos seem to depend on what the background is like. This is mine ;
huzamasu.jpg

And on another day from a different direction,
bugy8u5u.jpg

It's got the laminated glass option if that makes a difference. One aspect of the Beach that might make it seem less effective is as we don't have a wardrobe blocking half a side there will more of a through view.

I agree I don't think that mine is any darker.

By the way you should get a nice set of darker sport line rear lights :)

That's looks dark enough to me and looks similar to my Yeti. My Beach has double glazing and no tint so it's like being in a Goldfish bowl (demonstrator :lol: ). I have seen VWs with green insulating glass which appears to be about halfway.

I'm going for the 15% high performance charcoal film tint in the next couple of weeks so hopefully that will give us privacy.

Andy

James said:
Isn't yours an Edition Van Karim?

If so, could you post some pictures - we don't get Edition vans in the UK.

Thank you to the all the other Beach owners who have added to this - would love to see some pictures :)

James

Sure thing!

I'll copy paste what i posted on the introduction:

Roger!

Here is the beast :)

photo.php

Here the units i made:

a6oc.jpg

6w4c.jpg

And here how it is now :upsidedown

r3j8.jpg

hrvk.jpg

Want a coffe? :)

ia67.jpg

As of now i have no more pics made from the outside, but will try to make a detailed book if you like :mrgreen:

The Edition is not really different from other Beach, it's just a matter of included optionals and different tints ( i wanted a Yellow Edition but it's available only on white and grey :( ).

The cool thing about Edition is the 4motion: really loving it as for now. :cool

Going back to the privacy glass discussion, I've just remembered (doh!) that I actually have window blinds in the back should I need them!! I was just sitting in the back row doing a conference call whilst at gymnastics (again) and spotted them...what an eejit! :crazy

Had a call from Gary at City Gate....

Our Beach should be arriving next week.... :bananadance

Not collecting till Jan want it registered in 2014...

Very excited about getting our hand on the BlackBerry Beauty.... :D

bournemouthbeach said:
Had a call from Gary at City Gate....

Our Beach should be arriving next week.... :bananadance

Not collecting till Jan want it registered in 2014...

Very excited about getting our hand on the BlackBerry Beauty.... :D

I'd like to see some photos when you get it

I'm still driving mine with a permanent grin on my face it's got to be the best vehicle I've ever bought!! :upsidedown Enjoy

Barefoot62 said:
bournemouthbeach said:
I'm still driving mine with a permanent grin on my face it's got to be the best vehicle I've ever bought!! :upsidedown Enjoy

Me too! Loving it every day! Had a little picnic in it with the kids on Sunday, another dinner/homework/DVD session at gymnastics club tonight...it's transforming how we live!

After many hours research on this fabulous forum, have finally taken the plunge, and delivery of a Cali Beach - introduced to the family on Christmas day :D

Ours is a white 140 Bluemotion manual, from South Herefordshire Garages who were excellent throughout. I believe it was a cancelled order, and has been in their showroom for a couple of months. It had pretty much all the spec I wanted, except for an additional seat (four kids, need 6 seater!) Fortunately SHG had a spare seat, I think from a Caravelle, which they re-upholstered in Beach fabric for me (why don't VW supply spare seats!).
Spec:
6 seats, Thunder alloys, Premium bluetooth, multi function steering wheel, DAB, Media-in, Black awning, privacy glass, Driver pack, waste bin, flashlight, electric mirrors, front fog lights, all weather tyres and a bike rack.

I would have liked a parking heater, but it was too good an opportunity to miss and available immediately. I loved the drive home, what a great driving position. First planned outing will be a skiing holiday to Austria and for the first time I'm looking forward to the long drive!

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this forum, it really helped me make up my mind to go ahead with the Cali Beach. I hope to meet some of you later in the year.
:thanks

Heaven6 said:
After many hours research on this fabulous forum, have finally taken the plunge, and delivery of a Cali Beach - introduced to the family on Christmas day :D

Ours is a white 140 Bluemotion manual, from South Herefordshire Garages who were excellent throughout. I believe it was a cancelled order, and has been in their showroom for a couple of months. It had pretty much all the spec I wanted, except for an additional seat (four kids, need 6 seater!) Fortunately SHG had a spare seat, I think from a Caravelle, which they re-upholstered in Beach fabric for me (why don't VW supply spare seats!).
Spec:
6 seats, Thunder alloys, Premium bluetooth, multi function steering wheel, DAB, Media-in, Black awning, privacy glass, Driver pack, waste bin, flashlight, electric mirrors, front fog lights, all weather tyres and a bike rack.

I would have liked a parking heater, but it was too good an opportunity to miss and available immediately. I loved the drive home, what a great driving position. First planned outing will be a skiing holiday to Austria and for the first time I'm looking forward to the long drive!

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this forum, it really helped me make up my mind to go ahead with the Cali Beach. I hope to meet some of you later in the year.
:thanks

Congratulations!

//Mart.

@Ma77sc

Interesting posts, thanks Ma77sc. I think I'll have to save up and look at a retrofit heater later in the year, I'm sure there are lots of other goodies we are going to need in meantime.

//Mark

Afternoon all

So tomorrow is the day we collect our Cali Beach in Blackberry from Citygate High Wycombe... :D

Very Very excited and we both can't wait... Will post some pic's when we can...

:bananadance :upsidedown :bananadance :upsidedown :bananadance :upsidedown

Cheers

Shaun

bournemouthbeach said:
Afternoon all

So tomorrow is the day we collect our Cali Beach in Blackberry from Citygate High Wycombe... :D

Very Very excited and we both can't wait... Will post some pic's when we can...

:bananadance :upsidedown :bananadance :upsidedown :bananadance :upsidedown

Cheers

Shaun
Only one more sleep (if you can) :thumb
Ron.

Back