Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Roll Call

James

Don't no about the DIS colour.

It was my wife's idea to buy a Beach so if she wants a Blackberry then fine by me... :D

To be far we got a pretty good deal if she hadn't seen it we would own a Natural Grey now.....

We picked up our Beach from Cook's VW in Peterborough on Friday :D which coincided with a pre-planned trip up to the Peak District. We are really thrilled with it, as is our 3 year old!

Candy white
114ps
Fogs
Parking sensors
Climatronic A/C
3 seat bench
Awning
Side bars
Multifunction steering wheel
RNS 315/SatNav
Ipod connectivity

Of note, the fabric and interior are different to the ones ordered (I don't recall there being any options when we ordered). Seats are now dark grey/black and the lower half of the interior is dark grey also. There is also a net to keep the kids from falling out of the roof. We were told that the standard features changed slightly in August. It'd be interesting to know if anyone else who ordered pre-August gets something they didn't order. It looks great however and we wouldn't want it changed back to the Takato cloth.

I have to say I was really impressed with Cook's. Very friendly non-pushy service.

That's interesting - I believe this is called 'Milan' - I thought it was an option for those who wanted a darker interior?

I thought the net had always been standard? I have one with mine

James

nomadicmedic2005 said:
Of note, the fabric and interior are different to the ones ordered (I don't recall there being any options when we ordered). Seats are now dark grey/black and the lower half of the interior is dark grey also. There is also a net to keep the kids from falling out of the roof. We were told that the standard features changed slightly in August. It'd be interesting to know if anyone else who ordered pre-August gets something they didn't order. It looks great however and we wouldn't want it changed back to the Takato cloth.

Yes when I placed my order last month the guys in the showroom didn't know that Milan was now an option on the Beach (it has been a Caddy option I believe) and didn't have any in stock to show me...I liked it from the tiny picture in the brochure but then couldn't decide based on that tiny photo so just went with the Takata as I knew I'd be covering the seats with covers anyway and didn't want to risk something I hadn't seen! But I agree, I think it looks great - can you post some photos of yours? I still have time before the build starts I think...!

maui2512 said:
nomadicmedic2005 said:

Yes when I placed my order last month the guys in the showroom didn't know that Milan was now an option on the Beach (it has been a Caddy option I believe) and didn't have any in stock to show me...I liked it from the tiny picture in the brochure but then couldn't decide based on that tiny photo so just went with the Takata as I knew I'd be covering the seats with covers anyway and didn't want to risk something I hadn't seen! But I agree, I think it looks great - can you post some photos of yours? I still have time before the build starts I think...!

The Milan is a darker interior plastic as well I believe - it does make a lot of sense but I like the sense of fun with the Takato.

Yes Milan has been available on Caddy's for a while and I believe LHD Multivans

James

Yes - my worry was how dark it might make the interior with the darker plastic too which is why I didn't go with it without being able to see it in the flesh (so to speak!)

I'll get some photos up this evening so you can see it...

nomadicmedic2005 said:
I'll get some photos up this evening so you can see it...

I think the Milan is a wise option - light grey in a vehicle you may be living in for a while doesn't always make sense.

Personally if budget allowed and I wasn't fussed about takato - then I'd have the seats recovered

James

Hi everyone,

Great source of advice/shared experiences. Thanks to everyone for that. Picked this up a month ago and guess it is only polite to add the details on....keep up the good work!

We have a
13 plate Reflex Silver 140BHP
3 seat bench
Single additional seat (maybe for sale at some point if we dont use it...)
Black Awning
Cruise
Privacy Glass
Parking Sensors
Inka Covers
VW Coolbox
Removable Tow Bar (needed for bikes)
Spare 17" Steel Wheels w/Winter Tyres (thanks Benn)
Parking heater (retrofitted-see other thread for details)

All in all, our perfect spec (even if we cannot agree on the best colour....!)

thanks

An update to the Beach Roll call
Now I've got my hands on experience I can say I love it
Night Blue
140 BMT 6 Speed manual
Rcd310
Front Fogs with cornering facility
Auto lights
Auto windscreen wipers
Air on
Leather multi-function steering wheel
Leather gear stick
2 seated rear bench with storage box

I think that's about it but there is a Kenwood radio/cd/satnav ordered to be fitted soon :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance

Hi Guys
Mine arrived end of august and very happy.
Spec as follows
13 plate Metallic Grey Blue motion 110 BHP
3 seat bench
Two additional seats
Black Awning
Cruise control
Privacy Glass
2x Sliding side windows both sides.
Parking Sensors front and rear
VW Blue tooth
VW Coolbox
Removable Tow Bar
Electric folding mirrors
Parking heater
Heated Seats
Dab Radio
Roof bars
Airconditioning (not climatecontrol)
Xenon Lights
VW Coolbox
driven it now for 2 months as a daily vehicle and a few day trips not had any overnight stays yet.
Any regrets? I've had a few!
Rookie error not checking out the climate control option for the 114 Blue motion. Teenage kids in the back quickly realised not as chilled in the back. Can't understand why the cold air doesn't vent into the back. I don't need climate control in the back just some cold air. Might look at retro adaptation Glad I chose 2 x side windows.
Obviously would have gone for external hookup if available. May look at retrofitting something.

Options most pleased with
Engine. I was worried about underpowered 114 bhp engine not a problem (good forum advice)
electric folding mirrors
Heated seats
Parking heater (its already getting too cold to watch my lad at rugby training/matches)
Parking sensors
Removeable tow bar superb design intantly clips on and off. Use with trailer to keep mucky stuff out of van, logs chainsaws etc.

Wish list for Santa
Bike rack
Kitchen Pod
Seatcovers (can't decide which type)
Hookup of some sort.
Spare Winter wheel/tyre set

Advice for potential Beach purchasers, don't hold back on the options list, the van's going to cost a shed load of money anyway what's a couple of grand extra, it will all be forgotten in the fullness of time. There is not one option I wish I hadn't put on, only ones I haven't put on.
I think I'm going on it bit now so I'll stop.
cheers Ianto

Sounds Awesome!!... and good advice re: options IMHO!!

Seems i belong here :)

Subscribed a while ago but never posted before, just silently sneaken in to "spy" :eek:

I am Karim, italian, previously owned an original T2 Westfalia, then made 350k km on a 2.5Tdi Caravelle and now proud owner of a brand new white California Beach 25 Edition :)

I use the Cali as a day car and leisure van , in which to carry my motorbike around to have fun offroading with friends across Italy.

The Beach sounded like the best option possible and fortunately i had the chance to buy it this year.

I made my own units for the lower part so now i can carry my bike and still have the chance to sleep, cook and do my business inside the van.

Hallo everybody! :)

Karim said:
Seems i belong here :)

Subscribed a while ago but never posted before, just silently sneaken in to "spy" :eek:

I am Karim, italian, previously owned an original T2 Westfalia, then made 350k km on a 2.5Tdi Caravelle and now proud owner of a brand new white California Beach 25 Edition :)

I use the Cali as a day car and leisure van , in which to carry my motorbike around to have fun offroading with friends across Italy.

The Beach sounded like the best option possible and fortunately i had the chance to buy it this year.

I made my own units for the lower part so now i can carry my bike and still have the chance to sleep, cook and do my business inside the van.

Hallo everybody! :)

Isn't yours an Edition Van Karim?

If so, could you post some pictures - we don't get Edition vans in the UK.

Thank you to the all the other Beach owners who have added to this - would love to see some pictures :)

James

Ianto said:
Hi Guys
Mine arrived end of august and very happy.
Spec as follows
13 plate Metallic Grey Blue motion 110 BHP
3 seat bench
Two additional seats
Black Awning
Cruise control
Privacy Glass
2x Sliding side windows both sides.
Parking Sensors front and rear
VW Blue tooth
VW Coolbox
Removable Tow Bar
Electric folding mirrors
Parking heater
Heated Seats
Dab Radio
Roof bars
Airconditioning (not climatecontrol)
Xenon Lights
VW Coolbox
driven it now for 2 months as a daily vehicle and a few day trips not had any overnight stays yet.
Any regrets? I've had a few!
Rookie error not checking out the climate control option for the 114 Blue motion. Teenage kids in the back quickly realised not as chilled in the back. Can't understand why the cold air doesn't vent into the back. I don't need climate control in the back just some cold air. Might look at retro adaptation Glad I chose 2 x side windows.
Obviously would have gone for external hookup if available. May look at retrofitting something.

Options most pleased with
Engine. I was worried about underpowered 114 bhp engine not a problem (good forum advice)
electric folding mirrors
Heated seats
Parking heater (its already getting too cold to watch my lad at rugby training/matches)
Parking sensors
Removeable tow bar superb design intantly clips on and off. Use with trailer to keep mucky stuff out of van, logs chainsaws etc.

Wish list for Santa
Bike rack
Kitchen Pod
Seatcovers (can't decide which type)
Hookup of some sort.
Spare Winter wheel/tyre set

Advice for potential Beach purchasers, don't hold back on the options list, the van's going to cost a shed load of money anyway what's a couple of grand extra, it will all be forgotten in the fullness of time. There is not one option I wish I hadn't put on, only ones I haven't put on.
I think I'm going on it bit now so I'll stop.
cheers Ianto

The 114 engine is fine - in fact now I am up to 30k miles - it's quick - the only downside for me is the gearing and pulling away but it's never 'I hate this'. I find the Beach with 114bhp relatively quick - it will push 80+ no problem once the engine is run in.

Great spec - great colour :)

James

My first post here! Thanks to this forum picked up my Beach on Sunday. Bank balance took a pounding but who cares.Its not a van, it's a lifestyle!

Spec is:-
114 engine
6 six seater
Cool box
Extra slide window
F/R parking sensors
Bluetooth
Power latch door
The rest standard spec!

image.jpg

Speedbird said:
My first post here! Thanks to this forum picked up my Beach on Sunday. Bank balance took a pounding but who cares.Its not a van, it's a lifestyle!

Spec is:-
114 engine
6 six seater
Cool box
Extra slide window
F/R parking sensors
Bluetooth
Power latch door
The rest standard spec!

i like the Blue :)

Here's mine after a recent Valet

ScreenShot2013-10-24at203603_zps7f43744e.png

Attachments

• ScreenShot2013-10-24at203603_zps7f43744e.png
    ScreenShot2013-10-24at203603_zps7f43744e.png
    395.1 KB · Views: 8
I do like that yellow James. It's bright even on a grey day! :cool
Your old posts were very helpful to us in buying a Beach. :thanks
What commission are you getting from VW?

Speedbird said:
I do like that yellow James. It's bright even on a grey day! :cool
Your old posts were very helpful to us in buying a Beach. :thanks
What commission are you getting from VW?

lol none - if I am made redundant I am going to ask Alex at SMG for a job.

I liked the helping aspect of the forum - I bought blind - there was really no information and I have about 5 to choose from and the early demos like mine were pretty sparse in equipment.

I would still like to have a locked equipment guide - pictures of the various options and how they work - especially as we have more varied specced vans now.

James

Speedbird said:
Here's the inside with cool box.

Top tip

Turn the cool box round the other way - appears to be the wrong way but the bed will go over the top of it and because it is the other way you can open it with the bed down :)

Handy for milk etc in the morning :)

James

Back