Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Roll Call

Hi, yes it's a small world as we live in Sonning too. Hope life in France is working out well for you...

Ok, my new baby is Olympian blue, 114 blue motion.
She has:
Parking heater,
6 seats ( didn't need 7)
Bike rack
Fogs
Parking sensors
Awning
iPod doc and Dab radio
Air con
17 inch winter tyres
Auto dimming rear mirror and lights
Laminated and privacy glass for noise dampening
Oh and bandrup mozzie nets! :D
We wanted the beach rather than the SE for the mpv bit.

Very nice.

I quite fancy the parking heater myself but I picked up a pre-ordered Beach to cut the delivery wait so I didn't get a choice.

Not sure if VW dealers can retro-fit. If not I might consider an aftermarket retro-fit once out of waranty.

We went for a Beach for the same reason - most use will be as an MPV but with the added capability of camping.

Congrats.

Picked up Clara the Cali Beach last weekend and she is

Night Blue 140ps manual.
2 seater bench & storage pod.
Climatic AC
Front & rear parking sensors.
Electric sliding door.
Awning.
Laminated glass (only realised when I saw the original invoice).
Cruise control.
Do also have the extra seat but probably going to sell on as not really required.
Cool box, might sell this as well as it doesn't fit under the mutliboard at the back.

On the shopping list to get
Bike rack – like the look of the Atera one
Kitchen pod to replace the storage box.
Prob some form of seat covers at least in the rear for when windsurfers etc get loaded in.
Media in interface.
Parking heater would be great but that will have to wait until finances recover.

She will be my daily drive (when not cycling) and used for camping trips when competing in triathlons and other mad events

owen_h said:
Picked up Clara the Cali Beach last weekend and she is

Night Blue 140ps manual.
2 seater bench & storage pod.
Climatic AC
Front & rear parking sensors.
Electric sliding door.
Awning.
Laminated glass (only realised when I saw the original invoice).
Cruise control.
Do also have the extra seat but probably going to sell on as not really required.
Cool box, might sell this as well as it doesn't fit under the mutliboard at the back.

On the shopping list to get
Bike rack – like the look of the Atera one
Kitchen pod to replace the storage box.
Prob some form of seat covers at least in the rear for when windsurfers etc get loaded in.
Media in interface.
Parking heater would be great but that will have to wait until finances recover.

She will be my daily drive (when not cycling) and used for camping trips when competing in triathlons and other mad events

That sounds like a great spec.

The Cool Box shouldn't really be sold with the two seater as it is not designed for it. You should get a good price should you wish to sell.

Great colour :) :)

Is the laminate glass privacy as well?

seat covers

have a look at

http://www.autoleathers.co.uk

for something different

James

Custard said:

The Cool Box shouldn't really be sold with the two seater as it is not designed for it. You should get a good price should you wish to sell.

seat covers

have a look at

for something different

James

thanks James, when this snow and yuk weather clears I might even get to see the colour properly .
The windows certainly look like privacy ones, my reading of the laminate option in he brochure is that it includes the privacy tint as well.
Will check out the autoleathers covers, wish the brandup ones were a better price as actually really like the beach colour scheme upholstery .

owen_h said:
Custard said:

seat covers

have a look at

for something different

James

thanks James, when this snow and yuk weather clears I might even get to see the colour properly .
The windows certainly look like privacy ones, my reading of the laminate option in he brochure is that it includes the privacy tint as well.
Will check out the autoleathers covers, wish the brandup ones were a better price as actually really like the beach colour scheme upholstery .

That's what i was confused about with the laminate glass - that's an interesting option. I had said earlier I couldn't see a reason for it but it would be interesting to see how different they are. I don't do a great deal of going away but maybe if you do, they are a real benefit. You'll have to let us know, as there was a post and query regarding them :)

You have got a good spec there. The seat cover issue is slightly annoying, as you say, to match the Beach seats it is Brandup ones which are expensive. I've held off on seats covers because my partner and I like the Takato pattern and feel it adds to the fun of the Beach. I looked at auto leathers because they are around £250 and they could do covers that are quite individual.

James

Hi all,

Just got home in our new beach, Having travelled 600 miles and 1 Ferry crossing.

Olympian Blue 140
510 nav with Bluetooth
Camping Pack
VW bike rack
17" thunder alloys
Drivers Pack
Cruise control
Vw coolbox
7 seats
Parking Heater
Heater front seats

Its a low milage 2012 model purchased in Berlin as they dont sell the Beach here in Sweden.
Im originally from Derbyshire.
Great forum.

Re Beach Roll Call
I ordered my Beach 4weeks ago and have still got to wait until the middle of September before I can get my mits on it.
It's a 140 manual
Drivers pack
Camping pack
Front fogs
Night blue
Great forum you'll be hearing from me a lot more when I get behind the wheel :thanks

Here goes, pick ours up tomorrow!

White 140 2 seat bench......
Parking heater
F & R parking sensors
MF steering wheel with bluetooth
Laminated/tinted glass
Bike rack
Folding mirrors/dimming rear view mirror,
Auto wipers etc
Spare seat
Awning

Think that's about it, inka seat covers, mattress topper and fridge on way!

Great colour choice..... ;) enjoy!!

Rspab12345 said:
Here goes, pick ours up tomorrow!

White 140 2 seat bench......
Parking heater
F & R parking sensors
MF steering wheel with bluetooth
Laminated/tinted glass
Bike rack
Folding mirrors/dimming rear view mirror,
Auto wipers etc
Spare seat
Awning

Think that's about it, inka seat covers, mattress topper and fridge on way!

Out of interest how long did it take once you'd ordered it? Been hearing its about 8-12 weeks? I really want to get mine ordered but haven't managed to get to see one 'in the flesh' yet!!

We were told 3-4 months for a factory order.... Cheated in the end and went for and ex demo as it had the right spec for us... Also found it impossible to wait once I'd seen one! Been away for maiden voyage this weekend, and apart from over excited kids not getting to sleep until midnight, it's been everything we hoped it would be!

I have just put a deposit on a Olymp blue 114 with 3 seat bench. Kenwood sat nav, blue motion, going for brandrup seat covers after reading some posts on the forum. rear park sensors, awning and bike rack and roof bars to complete the picture. Can't wait to get my hands on it now :p

dh2003 said:
I have just put a deposit on a Olymp blue 114 with 3 seat bench.

Can I be cheeky and ask what kind of discount you managed to get on it? I'm getting all my facts and figures together ready to go in when we get back from our holidays! :thanks

I don't know why I've never added my Beach!

2013 Candy White 114 Blumotion with,

Parking Heater
Xenon Headlights
DNX521DAB Head Unit
Heated Seats
Folding Mirrors
F + R Parking Sensors
Servotronic Steering
Laminated Glass
Black Awning
Cruise Control
MF Steering Wheel
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
Auto Rain Sensing Windscreen Wipers
& Finally Cartagena 16" Alloys

Items I wish I had... 3 Zone Climate (Not available on this engine) and the downstairs VW Bed Topper

redredzimmer said:
I don't know why I've never added my Beach!

2013 Candy White 114 Blumotion with,

Parking Heater
Xenon Headlights
DNX521DAB Head Unit
Heated Seats
Folding Mirrors
F + R Parking Sensors
Servotronic Steering
Laminated Glass
Black Awning
Cruise Control
MF Steering Wheel
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
Auto Rain Sensing Windscreen Wipers
& Finally Cartagena 16" Alloys

Items I wish I had... 3 Zone Climate (Not available on this engine) and the downstairs VW Bed Topper

Is that true James - about the three zone climate - I've have never heard that - I can believe it. it's the one thing apart from parking heater I think I really would go for

Also - for a small price you could get auto lights as well - VW UK don't offer them on Cali's for some reason but as you've got the sensor it could be added :)

Really like your Beach :)

Yellow or white good choice :)

James

Hi James,

Quote from page 39 of the July 2012 California Brochure

'Climatronic' three-zone automatic air-conditioning
Not available with BlueMotion Technology Models

Perhaps this will now change, as I think most models are BlueMotion now?

To be honest, I did not actually try to order this feature, so it may have been a misprint, but wish I had now!!... Only ever seen it on a 140 Beach!

Cheers

James

Never added mine, ex-demo (50 miles) bought back in April. Had a great summer in it and looking at getting a heater fitted to keep going. Used as a daily driver too. Spec in sig.

I think this is a mistake in the brochure and I remember talking about it when ordering. My Bluemotion has the 3 zone Climatronic, which is the most important option for me. Manufactured Jan 2013.

Ok this arrives in Jan 2014

140 Bluemotion
Blackberry Metallic
17" Thunder Alloys
Black Awning
3 Zone Climate
Driver Pack
Front Fogs
Electric Folding Mirrors
Premium Bluetooth
Privacy Glass
3 Seat Rear Bench
Milan Anthracite cloth
Cool/Warm box 32L
Bike Rack
Bumper Guard
Monster Matts

Think that's it.... Was getting pre reg in Natural Grey untill my wife saw a Van in Blackberry then we had to buy new as no Blackberry about as demo.....

Blackberry is a lovely colour. Seen it on a Caddy and only just available for the UK.

Does the premium Bluetooth include an upgrade to a colour DIS between the dials?

James

Ouch .... That must have hurt when the wife got way to involved ... Lol

Sometimes it's the only way...

My purchase of a new mountain bike got a whole lot easier and more inclusive when custom colour options were put on the table (Orange Five).

Bless 'em (forgive me ladies).

If it becomes the only way then you spin it slightly with other items unless they are more interested in the Cali than you then you shouldn't be buying one .... Lol

Back