Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach options and wheels

E

Edsmith

Vehicle
Looking to buy
what do people think are the best options?
I'm about to pull the trigger on a beach
7 seats
Awning
Parking heater
Tow bar
Media radio
Insulated glass
Rear camera
Not sure about wheels
Any comments?

Many thanks

Ed

7 seats
Awning
Parking heater
Tow bar
Media radio
Insulated glass
Rear camera
Not sure about wheels
Any comments?

Many thanks

Ed
Great spec! I'm going for pretty much the same but I added a second opening rear window, comfort mattress, am tinting the windows and going for adaptive cruise control for my many motorway miles. That being the case, as I'm upgrading the stereo too, I'm going to pay the little bit extra for the dashboard upgrade so my stuff isn't on view. I'm planning on spending far more than I'd planned so I'm going to leave the standard wheels on for now.

Are you getting the sensors AND the camera or just the camera?
What colour are you going for?

standard 16" wheels sensible - tyre prices half price of 17" and 1/3 of 18" - its a vanity trip

Privacy glass imho a must, I am so glad mine has it. After having an older camper without it, I wouldnt be without now.

7 seats
Awning
Parking heater
Tow bar
Media radio
Insulated glass
Rear camera
Not sure about wheels
Any comments?

Many thanks

Ed
Looks good Ed!
My only suggestion is that if you're tempted by 17inch wheels just buy some on eBay. Plenty of brand new alloys genuine VW ones around with new tyres on. Around £700 (or a little less if you're lucky). Then all you need to do is sell the alloys and tyres that come with yours.
The total upgrade will only be around £200 then.
It's all personal taste really (not sure it's vanity! If it is then the line was probably crossed way before a alloy choice on a vehicle like the Cali!).
I personally really like the look of the slightly bigger alloy on the van. Seems to 'fit' better somehow.

I would get the stabilized suspension as well. Small cost and supposedly makes it more stable when parked and moving arround in the van.
230V with charger.
Noise insulation pack with tinted windows.

Many thanks

I have indeed specced the insulated privacy glass, comfort mattress and dashboard pack too.
I can't find the 230v hook up or stabilised suspension on the price list but seems sensible.
I'll call dealer tmw.

Many thanks

I have indeed specced the insulated privacy glass, comfort mattress and dashboard pack too.
I can't find the 230v hook up or stabilised suspension on the price list but seems sensible.
I'll call dealer tmw.
Perfect! Sounds just our orders are going to be pretty identical. What colour are you ordering?

I think the hook up is standard - all T6 Calis have the external connection on the back left. I'm pretty sure they all have the 240v plug socket inside too but the external has to be plugged in for he internal to work because there isn't an investor installed (exactly the same as a caravan).

I think the stabilised suspension is the DCC, which I've seen referred to on here. This is a dynamic chassis control system and I've not seen it on the T6 price list?

First choice is blackberry

You?

I've been talking to Johny from Slidepods too and think I'll get him to make me a kitchen unit

Looks good Ed!
My only suggestion is that if you're tempted by 17inch wheels just buy some on eBay. Plenty of brand new alloys genuine VW ones around with new tyres on. Around £700 (or a little less if you're lucky). Then all you need to do is sell the alloys and tyres that come with yours.
The total upgrade will only be around £200 then.
It's all personal taste really (not sure it's vanity! If it is then the line was probably crossed way before a alloy choice on a vehicle like the Cali!).
I personally really like the look of the slightly bigger alloy on the van. Seems to 'fit' better somehow.
I agree re wheels
Thinking I'll stay with standard as Vw charge over the top for them
Might keep the standards and put winter tyres on

First choice is blackberry

You?

I've been talking to Johny from Slidepods too and think I'll get him to make me a kitchen unit
I'm leaning towards Acapulco blue. It will be my everyday vehicle bought (predominantly) using a car allowance from work so it has to be moderately 'normal', meaning yellow is out for me. I've updated my profile photo to a Beach in Acapulco blue with the standard 16" wheels and I like it.

I like the pods but we actually have a lovely caravan so our Beach will be a work vehicle Monday to Friday and a day van at the weekends, towing the 'van for occasional holidays. The rising roof is more about added height and space than the bed within it, though I'm looking forward to the odd spontaneous night away in it too.

Many thanks

I'll call dealer tmw.
I just looked in the german pricelist, it is called Heavy Duty Anti Roll bars is 198£.