Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another newbie on the block!

marcdavis

marcdavis

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi everyone, Just joined your illustrious club ;-)

My wife and I have been long-time Cali dreamers, and after several years of discussion and many recent months of intense research, deliberation, going backwards and forwards between new/used/conversion, we have finally taken the plunge and ordered a shiny new VW California 6.1 Ocean. And it feels great! Our 2 boys (aged 6 and 8) will barely be able to contain themselves when it turns up (hopefully in April). We ordered on 4th Nov so are patiently awaiting a build week....

We have been in love with Cali’s ever since we first rented one in Edinburgh 11 years ago. We drove a 1960’s split screen across Scotland to the Isle of Skye and back over the course of a week, and loved every minute - even the part where the AA guy took great pleasure in telling me I had run out of fuel only 20 miles into our trip on the hard shoulder of the M9 (in my defence, the fuel gauge was a bit dodgy and the guy we rented it from swore he had filled it up the day before. Suspected siphoning incident!). From that moment, we were hooked! (to the back of the AA truck at least). Our most recent foray was last year down in the New Forest, with a T2 Bay. We managed to keep up our 100% AA record too. This time, a flat battery was the culprit! None of this has put us off however, and we are so excited that we‘ll soon be the proud owners of our very own (and hopefully reliable) Cali!

It’s been great reading the many threads on the forum. I suspect we’ll be spending a fair bit of time on here in the coming months!

In terms of our order, we have gone for...
- 150ps 6.1 Ocean
- Candy White and Copper Bronze
- 17” Woodstock black diamond alloy’s
- Bed extension / ‘comfort’ mattress
- Storage compartment pack
- 80L tank
- Discover Media Pro
- Basalt grey canvas
- Graphite grey cupboards
- Circuit seat trim

Ummed and arred over the 4Motion, Shower and Wood effect floor, but you have to draw the line somewhere!

Anyway, great to be on here and I look forward to reading more great nuggets of info while we await delivery.

I’m off to watch California Chris’ back-catalogue on YouTube... Again!

Cheers all!

Welcome - picked up ours a month ago! Great colour choice btw ;).. And nice choice on the options. They’re fabulous machines and will hopefully give you AA fee trips for years to come!

Hi everyone, Just joined your illustrious club ;-)

My wife and I have been long-time Cali dreamers, and after several years of discussion and many recent months of intense research, deliberation, going backwards and forwards between new/used/conversion, we have finally taken the plunge and ordered a shiny new VW California 6.1 Ocean. And it feels great! Our 2 boys (aged 6 and 8) will barely be able to contain themselves when it turns up (hopefully in April). We ordered on 4th Nov so are patiently awaiting a build week....

We have been in love with Cali’s ever since we first rented one in Edinburgh 11 years ago. We drove a 1960’s split screen across Scotland to the Isle of Skye and back over the course of a week, and loved every minute - even the part where the AA guy took great pleasure in telling me I had run out of fuel only 20 miles into our trip on the hard shoulder of the M9 (in my defence, the fuel gauge was a bit dodgy and the guy we rented it from swore he had filled it up the day before. Suspected siphoning incident!). From that moment, we were hooked! (to the back of the AA truck at least). Our most recent foray was last year down in the New Forest, with a T2 Bay. We managed to keep up our 100% AA record too. This time, a flat battery was the culprit! None of this has put us off however, and we are so excited that we‘ll soon be the proud owners of our very own (and hopefully reliable) Cali!

It’s been great reading the many threads on the forum. I suspect we’ll be spending a fair bit of time on here in the coming months!

In terms of our order, we have gone for...
- 150ps 6.1 Ocean
- Candy White and Copper Bronze
- 17” Woodstock black diamond alloy’s
- Bed extension / ‘comfort’ mattress
- Storage compartment pack
- 80L tank
- Discover Media Pro
- Basalt grey canvas
- Graphite grey cupboards
- Circuit seat trim

Ummed and arred over the 4Motion, Shower and Wood effect floor, but you have to draw the line somewhere!

Anyway, great to be on here and I look forward to reading more great nuggets of info while we await delivery.

I’m off to watch California Chris’ back-catalogue on YouTube... Again!

Cheers all!
Welcome. We ordered ours in October. Family of 5 - two girls and a dog. The girls do not know that we have ordered one - we want to surprise them when it will magically appear on our driveway. Can't wait!

Welcome, We just had ours two weeks ago then lockdown. We nearly went for a boxy larger motorhome and then at the last minute decided to go for the 50 year pedigree of VW camping and the California, no regrets

Welcome here! As many will say/already said: You will not regret it! Happy camping and update with pictures please as soon as you pick it up

Welcome Marc and family, your boys are soooo going to love their Cali. What a perfect age for camping adventures!

:welcome I think you two boys are going to super excited come the spring. Congrats on your order.

:welcome Marcdavis and Family,

nice first post. If you love the Split and T2 you wait until you taste the full fat full sugar version :cheers