Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

yet another newbie

T

TwoDogs

VIP Member
been lurking here for a month or so, and getting some great info. We probably fit into a standard "Cali Owner Profile" having owned a 1976 LHD ex-Dutch Army T2 conversion in our youth.
We took the plunge and ordered our Cali last week...Olympia Blue, 180, DSG...looking forward to getting it sometime in the New Year!

Hi TwoDogs; welcome to the forum!

There do seem to be quite a few of us who have ordered or bought our new Calis in the last week or so! Mine is a 180DSG on order too :D

I like your name too - can't have just one :clap

Maud

Hi both...thanks for the nice welcome!

Sadly, Maud, I should be called NoDogs at the moment as both our wonderful German Wirehaired Pointers passed away over a a year ago ...that's the next thing to sort out :D

Mind you, it would have been cosy in a Cali with those two and us :lol:

Our american cocker loves the cali adventures :thumb :thumb

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your dogs last year; the very hardest part of dog ownership. I'm glad to hear that you are making plans for another though - he or she will love the Cali I'm sure (and there's plenty of room for more than one of course, they'll keep you warm on those chilly nights!).

Maud (or FourDogs :lol: )

I bet! As a matter of interest, where does he/she sit in the call when traveling?

I have fitted a cargo hook into one of the Cali rails to attach his lead he then sits in his bed :thumb

Have you seen the Cali dogs section of the forum, TwoDogs? There are lots of ideas (and great photos) on there that might give you some food for thought regarding increasing your family again :D

viewforum.php?f=32

Kev, the cargo hook sounds an interesting idea. I think it will be trial and error to see what works with my four when my Cali arrives, probably a combination of soft crate/s and a harness for the oldest one, although they won't often all be travelling with me at once. We take all four in the caravan with us but it will be two at a time when I'm travelling solo in the Cali.

I agree with the 'mostly', TwoDogs ;) They are truly wonderful but like anybody (two of four legged), they do have their moments when they drive me :crazy

Maud

Welcome from another newbie!