Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another newbie... nearly!

Graham T

Graham T

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi all

Thought it was only fair to join the club, seeing as it's been such a great source of information in our camper buying journey. Thanks to everyone who has unwittingly helped.

After endless pondering, we finally settled on the fact that it had to be a California (never any doubt really) and took the plunge in December by ordering a brand new Coast, in Ascot Grey with a few nice options. Got a factory queue position that suggests an April build and May collection (we'll see) so now its all about the wait.

We're not very good at waiting :(

Hi all

Thought it was only fair to join the club, seeing as it's been such a great source of information in our camper buying journey. Thanks to everyone who has unwittingly helped.

After endless pondering, we finally settled on the fact that it had to be a California (never any doubt really) and took the plunge in December by ordering a brand new Coast, in Ascot Grey with a few nice options. Got a factory queue position that suggests an April build and May collection (we'll see) so now its all about the wait.

We're not very good at waiting :(
Welcome. Sounds like we are both waiting for similar beasts! We ordered the last weekend of Nov. Dealer telling me "build month - April" - VWC online chat making it up as they go along, as usual :thumb
I think its fair to say that we have now waited longer, than we have yet to wait, so both of us over the hump now. Fingers crossed for your May delivery. Pictures please, if yours arrives before ours.

Thanks Stu@rt. A similar story indeed. We actually ordered on 27th or 28th November but I can see the order submitted date from the dealer to VW was 2nd December (the Brexit price promise deadline day). End of May is about 10 weeks away, so that's the countdown I'm working to (with my fingers crossed and secretly hoping for better). See you there :thumb

:welcome Welcome and it’s great to hear people finding the forum useful. I stumbled across it 5 years ago, after order and pre delivery. My sales guy still jokes that I know more about the Cali than he does...

:welcome Welcome and it’s great to hear people finding the forum useful. I stumbled across it 5 years ago, after order and pre delivery. My sales guy still jokes that I know more about the Cali than he does...
I found it an invaluable part of the order process. My first posts were rambles about the dilemma of cali vs conversion and about being a little underwhelmed about the demonstrator we looked at and deemed an odd beast. All part of working out which options were "essential" in our mind. The forum is a wealth of knowledge and I've no doubt my questions will be endless once our van arrives.

:welcome I don't think many people are very good at waiting! You'll get a sympathetic ear on this forum :)

Welcome along. Hope there are no further delays for all that are waiting on a new vehicle.

Thanks everyone. Well that's another day ticked off. Looking forward to getting out there. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. Like, how long is to long to spend on Cali related YouTube channels and how do you stop yourself window shopping for accessories 24/7?? :Nailbiting

Thanks everyone. Well that's another day ticked off. Looking forward to getting out there. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. Like, how long is to long to spend on Cali related YouTube channels and how do you stop yourself window shopping for accessories 24/7?? :Nailbiting
Good questions worth asking. 6 months after ordering I have watched all the YouTube channels and filled the spare rooms wardrobe with gear. All I’ve got left is calling the dealer who knows nothing about deliver dates...

:welcome Graham,

The itch gets you bad and no amount of scratching can stop that urge to look.