Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another newbie.

S

SteveBedford

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello to you all,

I have joined the forum whilst preparing to order a new Coast.

We have just both retired and downsized making our lives less complicated. Our large garden took most of our free time during the summer months but we really enjoyed it. However it was time to hand it over to a new owners who no doubt bought it for the garden and its village location in Norfolk.

We are just settling into a much smaller home and struggling to find space for our belongings and furniture and now decorating.
Part of our longterm plan was to get a camper and see more of our beautiful country.
However it seems the plan has become very popular with others since the summer lockdown and we are just taking stock of things.
Having looked at the options the Toyota Proace looked like our preferred option. We have owned Toyotas in the past and like the brand. The 5 year warranty, economical engine and solar panel were great attractions. However the VW‘s finish, clever design and resale value seems to have won us over. Our local dealer in Norfolk informs us the delivery time for a order now is likely to be March 2021. There are no real deals available either.

We are likely to use the van daily as our sole vehicle. Our insurer Aviva will not insure campers and suggested Comfort Insurance. I made a number of preliminary enquiries on line and the quotes have been very odd. Admiral quoted 990 pound. LV 220. Adrian Flux 450 Advance 350. Many more around the 660 mark. What’s that about!
I have never had such variations in quotes. We have 12 years NCB and live in a quiet part of Norfolk.

Anyway I have joined the forum much as I have previously done when preparing to change my motorcycles looking for advice on models and how owners are getting on with their machines.
We look forward to learning a lot here.

Steve and Anne.

Hello to you all,

We have just both retired and downsized making our lives less complicated. Our large garden took most of our free time during the summer months but we really enjoyed it. However it was time to hand it over to a new owners who no doubt bought it for the garden and its village location in Norfolk.

We are just settling into a much smaller home and struggling to find space for our belongings and furniture and now decorating.
Part of our longterm plan was to get a camper and see more of our beautiful country.
However it seems the plan has become very popular with others since the summer lockdown and we are just taking stock of things.
Having looked at the options the Toyota Proace looked like our preferred option. We have owned Toyotas in the past and like the brand. The 5 year warranty, economical engine and solar panel were great attractions. However the VW‘s finish, clever design and resale value seems to have won us over. Our local dealer in Norfolk informs us the delivery time for a order now is likely to be March 2021. There are no real deals available either.

We are likely to use the van daily as our sole vehicle. Our insurer Aviva will not insure campers and suggested Comfort Insurance. I made a number of preliminary enquiries on line and the quotes have been very odd. Admiral quoted 990 pound. LV 220. Adrian Flux 450 Advance 350. Many more around the 660 mark. What’s that about!
I have never had such variations in quotes. We have 12 years NCB and live in a quiet part of Norfolk.

Anyway I have joined the forum much as I have previously done when preparing to change my motorcycles looking for advice on models and how owners are getting on with their machines.

Steve and Anne.
:welcome We have owned (still own) Toyota’s for thirty years, we were also hopeful the Toyota Proace would be the Campervan for us. When we looked at VW we found the Beach suited our requirements much better and VW to be a superior van.
As to insurance your experience is interesting.
We have been with Aviva for a number of years on a multi vehicle policy. They extended this to insure our Cali for the two years we have had it.

Our local dealer in Norfolk informs us the delivery time for a order now is likely to be March 2021. There are no real deals available either.
:shocked
No real deal?? You should be looking at around 10% discount...

Welcome though...

Yes - you must look at autoebid and drivethedeal (maybe others). 10% is possible.

We've just ordered a Coast with 10% discount. Dealers may be reticent to offer but there are definitely deals to be had.

Hello to you all,

Steve and Anne.
We got 10% discount using Autobid, the only issue ,If it is an issue, they both use their own network of VW dealers so you may have to travel or get a quote from them and shove it under your local dealers nose.

Insurance we use Comfort who use Aviva, no probs and a lot of benefits included in the premium e.g. new replacement for 3 years, saves on GAP, legal protection more contents cover because it is a camper.

Used Esure for our Ocean 6.1 - very reasonable at £320 I thought for both myself and the Mrs on such a high value vehicle! Coast's look really nice too and I'm sure you won't be disappointed - good luck!

Some Insurers bundle in full European wide breakdown and Recovery.

With Insurance the Devil's in the detail as not all like for like.