Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

About to put down a deposit - have I missed anything

I think the assessment of the H4, H7 and LED lights you quoted is correct.

It is a lot of extra money to move from adequate H7s to superb LEDs.

Had I understood the H4, H7 and LED differences at the time of ordering, I may well have upgraded my Beach lights from H4 to H7, and not to LED.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

The brochure information on Beach headlights is pretty poor.

If I had understood the headlight details when I ordered back in 2015, I would of ordered the exterior pack that includes the H7's.

Rather late to add my bit.

You are right not to order the satiable it’s hopeless, wont even take postcodes, but can find most roads either. We still use a to Tom despite having the satnav.

More importantly I would comment on the standard ocean lights 2016 T6. First time I drove it at night I thought only the parking lights were on. Pulled over and walked our front and got mrs B to switch between parking and full....sure enough they lights were on but are like 2 tea lights. Really unacceptable and frankly dangerous in my opinion.

I got 150% bulbs from Halfords that really improved things, but only to the just about acceptable point. I would really get the leds if I buy another Cali, If per chance you live anywhere near Oxted Surrey feel from to come take a look some evening. You might be for a nasty surprise first time out otherwise if coming from a BMW.

Rather late to add my bit.

You are right not to order the satiable it’s hopeless, wont even take postcodes, but can find most roads either. We still use a to Tom despite having the satnav.

More importantly I would comment on the standard ocean lights 2016 T6. First time I drove it at night I thought only the parking lights were on. Pulled over and walked our front and got mrs B to switch between parking and full....sure enough they lights were on but are like 2 tea lights. Really unacceptable and frankly dangerous in my opinion.

I got 150% bulbs from Halfords that really improved things, but only to the just about acceptable point. I would really get the leds if I buy another Cali, If per chance you live anywhere near Oxted Surrey feel from to come take a look some evening. You might be for a nasty surprise first time out otherwise if coming from a BMW.

Thanks David - I'll look in to the lights situation. If I'm really lucky it will become standard spec for the MY2019 build. Sounds like its well worth avoiding the rather average sat nav.

Do you think you 2016 CaliO has the H4 single halogen or H7 double halogen?

Just had a look st he bulbs that I replaced, they are H7. Not sure what you mean by double if I am honest, so you mean the headlight and the high beam bulb?

I came from a Bmw with adaptive LEDs which were frankly astonishingly effective so not fair to compare, but I was very disappointed. Fortunately I bought it used otherwise I would really kicked myself for not including them. 3k to retrofit as they have to replace the bumper too apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the way I also found the adaptive cruise control a bit jerky on busy UK roads due to the fact that even at its shortest setting there is enough space that people swing across in front of you, meaning the van slams on anchors....it was more effective on the golf I had previously probably because braking is less of a bum in the air type affair it is in the Cali. On French roads I find it brilliant because there is ample space for it to do its job properly. I would spec in again on balance. You can literally drive from Calais to the south of France with acc on the whole way....very much less tiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Beach comes with Halogen single headlights ?H4, Ocean comes with Halogen twin headlights (id assume H7). When reading online the H4 bulb is one bulb which offers dipped and beam lighting. The H7 only has one filament so i'd assume there are 2 bulbs, one for dipped and one for beam.

Back