Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A mild gassing

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Used the van to see some relatives yesterday and upon returning to it, we thought there was a gas leak where we'd parked.

Soon realised it was our van so turned it off at the bottle; everything was a bit loose. Drove some more but still a strong smell of gas; so took off the regulator and stuck the screw top "lid" in; that sorted it.

I assume it's worked itself loose somehow but worth being aware of; it was enough gas to make us feel light headed.

If I'm not using the kitchen for a few days I turn the tap off, that's if I remember.
For how long it takes I think I'll start disconnecting the gas pipe from the bottle

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all

Alan

And then if you light it .....while trying to start the stove early on a sub zero morning I had the gas control pressed down too long underneath a very cold pan without successfully igniting the burner- some of the gas must have liquified under the pan and dripped onto the stove as the whole thing finally ignited in a spectacular foot high flame and gave me a comprehensive hair trim. Was obviously worried about possible fire damage to the van but the roof lining did not even take a mild singe.....

Must be fire retardant material ????

Think I may cook outside for a while..

al

Beware of continue trying to light the gas hob if it doesn't fire up straight away because you risk loosing your eye browse if gas is being built up before igniteing :oops:
Always delay repeated attempts

Alan

All seems fine now; I think it just worked itself loose.
Must check it more often!

While driving , the gasbotlle in the back must be closed so it is not possible to use the burners while driving.
I think there police could give you a fine for not closing the botlle , ...don't know in the UK but at many european contries ...
Check your botlle on regular base and close the plastic lid propperly is the best advice :thumb

Does everyone leave their regulators on the bottle?

I've always travelled with the gas completely disconnected

We leave regulator in
But always turn of at regulator and in Van when driving
When sleeping turn gas off in van