Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Loose gas connection

Yes, you are probably right, in which case I will stay on the safe side (in my view, not necessarily others') and stick with the VW setup as supplied: whilst recognising that you have had your quick release arrangement etc. for many years (from posts I have seen) and you are still around to advise all of us novices!
It's your decision, but if you are still anywhere near the vehicle when the Gok tap releases the pressure at 86c then you are probably a gonna anyway.

I agree you have to be safe but one can overdo it.

Do you have a Red/White Diamond shape Gas Sticker on the rear of the van indicating the vehicle has LPG on-board and which side it is on? This is extremely useful for the emergency services.

61slUAy6K2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It's your decision, but if you are still anywhere near the vehicle when the Gok tap releases the pressure at 86c then you are probably a gonna anyway.

I agree you have to be safe but one can overdo it.

Do you have a Red/White Diamond shape Gas Sticker on the rear of the van indicating the vehicle has LPG on-board and which side it is on? This is extremely useful for the emergency services.

View attachment 108580

Thank you @WelshGas, I agree with that too and have found this argument finely balanced.

On your suggestion I just bought one of those stickers and will put it on the cupboard door inside the rear window. I have to admit that apart from de-badging my Ocean (the side transfers are particularly ‘tacky’ looking to me) to make it easier to polish and perhaps a little less of a magnet for theft, I also removed the gas test sticker on the back door so the sticker you suggest makes sense. I think you or others have posted that those (time limited) gas test badges are only necessary, anyway, for German registered vehicles.

Thank you @WelshGas, I agree with that too and have found this argument finely balanced.

On your suggestion I just bought one of those stickers and will put it on the cupboard door inside the rear window. I have to admit that apart from de-badging my Ocean (the side transfers are particularly ‘tacky’ looking to me) to make it easier to polish and perhaps a little less of a magnet for theft, I also removed the gas test sticker on the back door so the sticker you suggest makes sense. I think you or others have posted that those (time limited) gas test badges are only necessary, anyway, for German registered vehicles.
Correct. Only required if vehicle is registered in Germany.