Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

24 Beach Camplife here we come

D

DellaDelio

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
We are the proud owners of a 24 Beach Camper. Collected from EV Crawley yesterday.

We have noticed some issues and would appreciate help from anyone.

Firstly, we noticed these adhesive strips near rear wheels (see photos). Didn’t notice them when vehicle was rain splattered at dealers. Should these be there?

Secondly,
Disappointingly we thought windscreen blackout blind was now standard on new Beach Camper. It seems not. However, we can’t find fabric blinds for windscreen and front seats. Anyone know where these are stored?

Thirdly,
Does anyone have a complete list of everything that should come with Beach Camper? It seems impossible to find a comprehensive list of every standard accessory that should be in vehicle.

Any help to newbies much appreciated

IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4551.jpg

You're not missing much with the in pillar blinds, they are a good idea that is poorly executed.

Did you not get a load of accessories in plastic bags (pointless rail cupholder, stupid bins for the front cupholders, etc.), aren't they with them? If you didn't spec the in pillar blinds then you should have got a windscreen blind. Obviously, ask your dealer about.

I collected my ‘24 plate Beach Camper on Tuesday. After your question I’ve just explored the plastic bag of things in the back ……

From the below you can see I’ve an awning winding handle, 3 random bits of black plastic, a power cable with a 2 pin eu plug and then a pack with 3 magnetic screen covers for inside the windscreen and front doors.

Other thing to check is if your table has the connectors to attach to the kitchen.

IMG_2364.jpeg

IMG_2366.jpeg

IMG_2367.jpeg

The two left side plastic sections connect together to form the cup holder which sits in the rail on the nearside living area. Not used it yet. Just checking what the larger piece is as I haven't seen that one in my Beach which I picked up in Dec 23. Any ideas and am I missing something important?
Has anyone been supplied free with the roof bed safety net, even though its listed as an option, there was one in my tailgate pack?
That's about the extent of it. One thing worth checking is everything is there as it should be on the vehicle. Mine was missing the fuel flap lug stopping it being opened from outside when the passenger door is shut. The other was the cover in the boot for the jack was loose. On inspection the yellow slide in clip was missing. This is the end nearer the rear seat. The other end is plastic welded. Dealer sent the parts in the post.

I’ve got the net in the back too. Need to investigate the fuel flap lug as when I gave it a first fill in the rain on Tuesday I had to open the passenger door to open it….

also.,, if you register your vehicle online with VW (using the VIN number) you can use the VW app to view your 'equipment details' which is a list of all the items your vehicle is manufactured with. Sorry, don't ask me how - the VW online systems are a complete mess. Maybe start with the VW app and then let it guide you through the process? Here's the app:

I’ve got the net in the back too. Need to investigate the fuel flap lug as when I gave it a first fill in the rain on Tuesday I had to open the passenger door to open it….
That's correct Rhubarb - I was able to open the fuel flap on mine when the door was closed. The lug on the flap stops against the door to prevent external opening. Just one of those first checks to ensure security was in place, similar to securing spare wheel. It was only when filling up after getting home from collection that I thought about it.

VW fuel flap lug.JPG

Thank you all for all the great advice.

Do VW supply mats for the footwells as standard?

I am definitely missing magnetic blinds and I’m going to check the petrol flap.

General query: do side mirrors not swivel manually? We didn’t select electric mirrors but assumed that you can retract mirrors when needed for tight spots or when parking on busy roads.

The mirrors do fold, you just need a little bit of force. I thought I would find a youtube to show it but nothing comes up, if you are unsure have a look in the handbook for details.

The bottom of the table should look like this. If you’ve not got the additional fittings then it’ll not connect to the cooker…

IMG_2375.jpeg

Mine came with no footwell mats but they could sell me the genuine VW ones for just over £80 inc vat.

Back