Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Deposit paid on a T6.1 Beach Camper

E

Elrao

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
After a couple of weeks of deliberation, I decided to put down a deposit on a used T6.1 Beach Camper. It pained me to pay about 2% over "new" for a 5 month old vehicle, but we want to use it a number of times next year, and the spec is almost identical to the one I configured online (£10k+ of options). The only two I would have picked are the art velours interior (can get seat covers) and the wood effect floor (will look into something else to cover the standard flooring), but all the other key ones there including being a DSG, 3 seater rear seat, tinted windows, heated seats + windscreen, bed extension + sleeping mat, parking sensors + camera, 3 zone air con + air parking/night heater, LED lights and more!

I consoled myself in the fact it was still cheaper than the RRP would be on the same thing new in 12+ months time when it arrived (with the impending price rises). Yes, I also know that I would most likely have gotten a healthy discount off a new order - but I chose to ignore that in an attempt to justify it to myself. I do regret not placing the new order back in August/September when I was told it would have arrived in about May, but can't change that decision now!

Being delivered in a week or so, on to accessory shopping! I have on my list:
  • Seat covers
  • Pop-top insulation / cover (not sure what it is called)
  • Fridge of some sort
  • Gas bottle
  • Floor covering
Sure there will be mre

The only two I would have picked are the art velours interior (can get seat covers) and the wood effect floor (will look into something else to cover the standard flooring),
Very close to the spec I’m driving, good choice!

Not sure if the wood effect flooring is even possible on a beach. In Belgium, you can only select this on an Ocean. So no need to feel sorry about this…
(Note: the Coast has disappeared from the price list, apparently…)

Very close to the spec I’m driving, good choice!

Not sure if the wood effect flooring is even possible on a beach. In Belgium, you can only select this on an Ocean. So no need to feel sorry about this…
(Note: the Coast has disappeared from the price list, apparently…)
You can spec it in the UK, as I had it on the one I configured and got quoted a price on to buy new.

You can spec it in the UK, as I had it on the one I configured and got quoted a price on to buy new.
I wouldn't worry as you'll probably end up with removable mats or a fitted carpet set so would never see the wood effect floor.
Fridges, plenty advice on the Forum and a Compressor fridge is the favoured type, more expensive but longer battery life if not on Electrical hook up.
Gas bottle and regulator dependant on which gas appliances you will be using. As it is a Beach then you are not restricted to Campingaz 907/904 and really depends if you are travelling in Europe. If not Calor and if you are Campingaz as Calor not available in Europe.
Topper/Roof insulation - if you cannot raise the roof at home to dry canvas then a waterproof Topper, if you can then an internal insulation if you are camping all year round and are sleeping upstairs. If only camping in summer, do you need one?

Beach camper you need the campingaz 904 bottle to fit in to the built in compartment for the built in stove. Regulator is included in the van. (See above post on gas).

Fridge the CF35 fits under the multiflex. The CF40 does as well but catches when you have a slide out tray so need to unscrew the bag holder from the bottom of the multiflex.

Thanks

Yes, think it is the 1.8kg (904) that I need to fit into the door compartment.

Am considering a fridge that can go in front of the bench seat, so it is accessible when parked up with the table out.

After a couple of weeks of deliberation, I decided to put down a deposit on a used T6.1 Beach Camper. It pained me to pay about 2% over "new" for a 5 month old vehicle, but we want to use it a number of times next year, and the spec is almost identical to the one I configured online (£10k+ of options). The only two I would have picked are the art velours interior (can get seat covers) and the wood effect floor (will look into something else to cover the standard flooring), but all the other key ones there including being a DSG, 3 seater rear seat, tinted windows, heated seats + windscreen, bed extension + sleeping mat, parking sensors + camera, 3 zone air con + air parking/night heater, LED lights and more!

I consoled myself in the fact it was still cheaper than the RRP would be on the same thing new in 12+ months time when it arrived (with the impending price rises). Yes, I also know that I would most likely have gotten a healthy discount off a new order - but I chose to ignore that in an attempt to justify it to myself. I do regret not placing the new order back in August/September when I was told it would have arrived in about May, but can't change that decision now!

Being delivered in a week or so, on to accessory shopping! I have on my list:
  • Seat covers
  • Pop-top insulation / cover (not sure what it is called)
  • Fridge of some sort
  • Gas bottle
  • Floor covering
Sure there will be mre
This may be of interest to you, re wood floor

Thanks

Yes, think it is the 1.8kg (904) that I need to fit into the door compartment.

Am considering a fridge that can go in front of the bench seat, so it is accessible when parked up with the table out.
Happy to take a few pics of fridge in place to give you an idea.

This may be of interest to you, re wood floor
Thanks, not sure how well it would stick to a standard floor, as think that has more texture to it (the wood effect floor he is covering is already smooth).

Definitely get a carpet to cover the floor. Makes it all so much nicer to live with and keeps the flooring and rails clean.

I had this 1/3rd 2/3rd split made which worked perfectly to locate the bench into the bed position.

903333D1-8EF3-4E8C-A0B9-37E6E609E310.jpeg

Back