Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean T6.1 5th seat weight

couplands

couplands

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi, I have ordered our Ocean with the additional 5th seat as we‘ll use the camper as a daily driver and need 5 seat belted seats when we go out with the grandchildren. But wouldn’t need to take it out when we go camping every few weeks.

I had the chance to sit in one during our visit to Campervanbits in Chesterfield (great shop and very friendly staff) and was surprised at the weight of it..! I could barely lift it off the floor, not sure how I would lift it out of the van. I’m seriously considering to delete it from the order.

Would love to hear the experience of others who have the 5th seat and how they find the weight and ease or otherwise of putting it in/out of the van.

cheers

simon

I don’t have a 6.1, but I can’t imagine the seat has changed much from the fifth seat in my 5.1.

It’s a heavy unit, but I’m able to move it around easiest when it’s folded in half, using the arm rests as handles, tilting it back so it’s resting on my body as I carry it around (never very far).

The fifth seat is obviously removed every time we camp, so I’ve become quite adept at removal and installation.

I’m 6’1” tall. Height and arm length etc might play a part in how easy it is to move around.

I don’t have a 6.1, but I can’t imagine the seat has changed much from the fifth seat in my 5.1.

It’s a heavy unit, but I’m able to move it around easiest when it’s folded in half, using the arm rests as handles, tilting it back so it’s resting on my body as I carry it around (never very far).

The fifth seat is obviously removed every time we camp, so I’ve become quite adept at removal and installation.

I’m 6’1” tall. Height and arm length etc might play a part in how easy it is to move around.
Thanks for the feedback, we won’t need it often but when we do it will be invaluable. I was just taken aback by its weight..!

Yeah, they're heavy. I can just about manage on my own but it's hard getting it down the 4 steps to the house. Nearly came a cropper more than once

Back