Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help removing the 5th seat

K

knighty

Hi all,

This is going to sound stupid, but we picked up our new Cali yesterday, and the dealer said it would be straight forward to take the 5th seat out but we can't work out how to do it...can anyone help please?!? :headwall

Single seat removal is in the main manual along with adjusting seating etc on Cali,multivan,transporter and caravelle

I had a lot of trouble with this too, so the following may save someone else a lot of time (if you don't fancy looking in the manual first)!

It does look like the front of the seat bracket should slide out of the hole that you have created by popping off the metal rail covers. It won't, no matter how much bad language you use. Rather obviously, with hindsight, you need to pop off the plastic covers at the front of the rails and then slide the whole assembly out that way. A word of warning though - the seat is extremely heavy, so I would suggest it is really a two person job. If you insist on trying to do it yourself, then you can easily scratch the rails - as I have :oops:

swivel the seat side on and fold back down flat
push back as far as will go (best to remove rear shelf and push back rear seat as gives more room)
pop out the runner clips
prise out the plastic covers
pull up seat slide bar and push seat fwds so it lines up with gaps in slide rails
lift out with aid of another person!
at least I think thats what I trial / error learned to do
h/book was useless

I push the seat back. Lift out the front retaining clips.

Pull the seat forward and lift the front up so it rests on the floor. this frees enough space to remove the back clips in the rail. Remove these push the seat back so its aligned to the holes. Then lift the seat out.

Once all that's done I make myself a nice cup of tea.... and build up enough strength to move it to where ever its new home is.

Currently its in the garage and has been for 2 weeks whilst I build up my strength to put it back, so the family can go out together.....

MKRW said:
I push the seat back. Lift out the front retaining clips.

Pull the seat forward and lift the front up so it rests on the floor. this frees enough space to remove the back clips in the rail. Remove these push the seat back so its aligned to the holes. Then lift the seat out.

Once all that's done I make myself a nice cup of tea.... and build up enough strength to move it to where ever its new home is.

Currently its in the garage and has been for 2 weeks whilst I build up my strength to put it back, so the family can go out together.....

Awesome :rofl

Back