Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Emissions Scandal & The VW California

180 DSG 2012 is clear

my 140 ph california early 2015 is ok.

My Sep' 2014 180 DSG is clear.

checked my 2015 180 dsg clear

Thankfully we are all clear as well, yipee

Mine clear too 2011 180 manual 4motion. Looks like Edinburgh van centre were correct. Now just waiting for the Audi website for my diesel tt :(

Mines clear 2014 Cali 140 SE

Last edited:
Good news, doesn't look like 140/180 Calis are affected. To stop this thread going on forever, everybody seems clear so far might i suggest people only post results if they ARE affected. :thumb

More news about "dielesgate": http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-car-giants-break-toxic-emissions-limit.html

IMO that's not about VW but a market strategy which looks like is about to remove diesel from the market. I don't believe those diesel "issues" were unknown and now, suddenly, lot of countries discovered how dirty is diesel for the planet and how naughty car companies are being. I bet is more to do with the petrol market "war", fracking, etc.... I bet but removing the diesel market occidental producers get advantage over middle east producers (Diesel requires a very specific petrol).

So, my question now is..... OK, my Cali is not affected by the VW "dieselgate" but.... what's the future of diesel? I bought my Cali to keep it with me "the whole life", but looks like the market could pressure us to change, will I need to get a new Cali to be able to drive anywhere?

I've just got some popcorn to watch the spectacle

So, my question now is..... OK, my Cali is not affected by the VW "dieselgate" but.... what's the future of diesel? I bought my Cali to keep it with me "the whole life", but looks like the market could pressure us to change, will I need to get a new Cali to be able to drive anywhere?

I've just got some popcorn to watch the spectacle

I am thinking about buying a horse...and put it in front of the Cali ;) as soon as the Euro 7 standard is mandatory...

How about converting your Cali to cow power?

Advantages:
1. Cows produce lots of methane.
2. You wouldn't need to buy milk.
3. If it breaks down you can eat it and get an udder one.
4. You would have two spare horns
5. The perfect lawn mower to keep the grass down around your pitch.
6. You wouldn't need the 907 gas cylinder.
7. The cow would mask the noise from the moo valve.

Disadvantages:
1. You would have to stuff your cupboards full of cow snacks.
2. You couldn't use the table with the cow in the back.
3. You would definitely need seat covers.

Last edited:
I think I am cow powered. It moos periodically.

OK so its look like cali is not affected but question is that which commercial van/transporter is affected?

On the T5 forum it seems to be The Caddy and non-commercials. All the T5's are coming up clean.

Yeah my 61 plate 140 transporter is clear, seems like they all are.
So I'm heading down to Carrs Exeter to test drive a T6 next week!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Back